Author Topic: Missing much - templates for renaming images  (Read 3410 times)

Offline VictorBoyko

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Missing much - templates for renaming images
« on: September 14, 2009, 11:06:15 PM »
Would be a very good feature if we won't have to type the renaming templates every time we want to rename something.
I use images from three different cameras and all of them are renamed in a different way.
I even had to put a post-it note to my display with renaming guidelines :(
How cool would that be just to have them saved!

Thank you for your time.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Missing much - templates for renaming images
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 11:17:29 PM »
Would be a very good feature if we won't have to type the renaming templates every time we want to rename something.
I use images from three different cameras and all of them are renamed in a different way.

Try using the 'Snapshot button' (it has a lightning bolt icon on it) to save and restore your renaming patterns.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Missing much - templates for renaming images
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 04:44:06 PM »

Thank you for your time.

As Kirk said you can use the Lightning for saving your templates. But I don't understand the second part of the request entirely:

I too use more than one cameras (I think there is 7 now in my archive) and have quite simple renaming using code replacements and variables.
I standardized my filenames, all of them has the date in it and a camera identifier pointing out which camera took it. And the best part of it is you don't have to change any filename settings everything is done within PM. You can inges any files from any camera at the same time and PM gives exactly the right filename to all of the images showing the camera in the filename.

What are the different renaming schemes you use and why you need the naming systems to be different? Why not only the filenames shall be different why the naming scheme?
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com