Author Topic: Font management in Contact sheet for printing.  (Read 10221 times)

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
Font management in Contact sheet for printing.
« on: July 03, 2007, 06:34:10 AM »
I would finally send me wish to be able to change font and font size in printing a contact sheet. I have to do this a lot to send to management and we have our own font at my bank.

Please keep this in mind Kirk.

-Hilmar

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Font management in Contact sheet for printing.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 06:36:32 AM »
Hilmar,

I would finally send me wish to be able to change font and font size in printing a contact sheet. I have to do this a lot to send to management and we have our own font at my bank.

Please keep this in mind Kirk.

I could add the capability for changing the font face, but the size of the font is recalculated in order to fit the text to the available space, so I would not be changing that capability.

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 07:11:24 AM »
Great Kirk, Can I expect it in 4.5.2 Mac version?

It would be great.

-Hilmar

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 07:14:54 AM »
Hilmar,

Great Kirk, Can I expect it in 4.5.2 Mac version?

No, I am sorry but there is not enough time left to implement such a feature before we release by the end of the week.

-Kirk

Offline ptakeuchi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 02:13:14 PM »
Kirk,
I just bought PM for Mac and would like to second a request for font selection for printing. I've been using Iview multimedia and have switched to PM, but the only thing missing is a way for me to print out shoot catalogs that look nice. The ability to add a logo/header would be helpful as well.
Paul

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 03:45:17 PM »
Kirk,

Since we have 4.5.3 now. Is this feature in the way?

Anyways, happy holidays!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 03:50:33 PM »
Hilmar,

Since we have 4.5.3 now. Is this feature in the way?

I'll add it to 4.6.

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 09:12:51 AM »
Hi Kirk,

Does that mean 7 releases before it is in there or are you planning a 4.6 any time soon :)

-Hilmar

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 01:58:59 PM »
Hilmar,

Does that mean 7 releases before it is in there or are you planning a 4.6 any time soon :)

I am working on 4.6 now.

-Kirk

Offline ptakeuchi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 06:58:07 AM »
Just wanted to revive this topic because this is a feature that has been holding me back from upgrading from 4.5.4. YES, it would be really nice to be able to choose the font for all the labels on printed contact sheets. Header and footer logo jpeg placement would be very helpful as well. After a shoot, it's nice to be able to provide rough RAW printouts/pdfs that look professional to clients. I'm not asking for Lightroom's amazing customizability, just a way to make the contact sheet printouts more in keeping with my branding.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 09:29:40 AM »
Just wanted to revive this topic because this is a feature that has been holding me back from upgrading from 4.5.4. YES, it would be really nice to be able to choose the font for all the labels on printed contact sheets. Header and footer logo jpeg placement would be very helpful as well. After a shoot, it's nice to be able to provide rough RAW printouts/pdfs that look professional to clients. I'm not asking for Lightroom's amazing customizability, just a way to make the contact sheet printouts more in keeping with my branding.

Do you need a different font face for each of the possible printing areas?  Or just one face for the entire printout?

-Kirk

Offline ptakeuchi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 08:09:39 AM »
Do you need a different font face for each of the possible printing areas?  Or just one face for the entire printout?

I'd be happy with only one font control, but it would be nice to have separate font choices for the header/footer and auxilliary text labels (file label, page numbering, etc.). Also, it would be nice if there was more white space between the thumbnails and the header and footer. Right now, they're quite crowded and design-wise it's unappealing. Maybe you could take some cues from Expression Media 2 (used to be the better iView), which basically divides the contact page into header, thumbnail content, and footer and allows font and alignment controls for each. I would also prefer if we could have the option to specify the font size for the thumbnail labels: automatic (as you now have it) or fixed size, so that all the labels would be uniform beneath the thumbnails. Below is a screenshot of how iview's interface for contact sheet font control. Thanks for considering.

Paul