Author Topic: Strange behavior of selection  (Read 2544 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Strange behavior of selection
« on: September 15, 2009, 08:48:30 PM »
I was dragging say a dozen images around a contact sheet in arangement mode (EeePC netbook, WinXP, PM ver 4.6.1) and I notused that some times the selection starts to behave strange. I move a lot of similar images (say the image has mostly yellow subject in the frame) beside each other, than I select them to move them next to another similar group of images. I drag the images selected and when I drop them not all of them is selected but some other images get selected like if the selection would fall apart or it would mistake what was originally selected.

It seems usually happen when most of the selection is outside the screen before I start dragging them.

I will try to document it with some screenshots to help understand the problem.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Strange behavior of selection
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 10:24:37 PM »
I was dragging say a dozen images around a contact sheet in arangement mode (EeePC netbook, WinXP, PM ver 4.6.1) and I notused that some times the selection starts to behave strange. I move a lot of similar images (say the image has mostly yellow subject in the frame) beside each other, than I select them to move them next to another similar group of images. I drag the images selected and when I drop them not all of them is selected but some other images get selected like if the selection would fall apart or it would mistake what was originally selected.

It seems usually happen when most of the selection is outside the screen before I start dragging them.

I will try to document it with some screenshots to help understand the problem.

Yes, please.  Otherwise I don't think I could reproduce the issue just from the description alone.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Strange behavior of selection
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 11:36:19 AM »
Try to open a  contactsheet with couple thousand images possibly having a dozen easily identifiable ones. In my case they are yellow and the others have other colours. I select all the yellow ones after I colected them beside each other. Then I try to drag them from screen to screen. And once in a while some of them is not selected but non yellow ones are.

I will try to make screenshots but all they can show is some selected yellow ones on the beginning and some unselected and some others selected later. I don't really have any idea how to document this for you to be able to reproduce...
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com