Author Topic: Watermark Font Size Consistency  (Read 3435 times)

Offline alok_anand2278

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Watermark Font Size Consistency
« on: September 16, 2009, 01:29:27 AM »
I have a folder of images where some of them are cropped (using Capture NX2). I want to watermark these images using PM and I have chosen the width, height and inset to get the font size I want by trying out on one image in the folder. When I run the same settings on the whole folder, I see that the output images have differing font size although they are all having the same X,Y dimension (in pixels) and orientation.

One thought I had was maybe PM is using the exif width and height and those are not getting updated once I crop images in NX2. Is this true? Is there a workaround for this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Alok

I am running 4.6.1 on MAC OS

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Watermark Font Size Consistency
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 06:39:38 AM »
Alok,

I have a folder of images where some of them are cropped (using Capture NX2). I want to watermark these images using PM and I have chosen the width, height and inset to get the font size I want by trying out on one image in the folder. When I run the same settings on the whole folder, I see that the output images have differing font size although they are all having the same X,Y dimension (in pixels) and orientation.

One thought I had was maybe PM is using the exif width and height and those are not getting updated once I crop images in NX2. Is this true? Is there a workaround for this problem?

The font size is calculated by the Watermarker based on the length of the text and the size of your image and how much room you've allotted in the image for the watermark.  If the final size of all of the images is the same and the text string is always the same then the size of the watermark will always be the same.  If any of these parameters differ then the size of the rendered text will vary.

-Kirk

Offline alok_anand2278

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Watermark Font Size Consistency
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 07:29:16 AM »
Kirk,

Thanks for your response. I did a small test of my own and I think the discrepancy I was seeing is because of varying text lengths I was using (I was using the IPTC caption field).

Is there a way in PM to specify a fixed font size for watermark and not use the auto scaling feature? I would want to use the IPTC caption also.

Thanks,
Alok