Author Topic: IPTC Stationary Pad not fully visible  (Read 3324 times)

Offline lszoke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC Stationary Pad not fully visible
« on: September 14, 2009, 10:15:17 AM »
Windows XP spr3

Pm 4.6.1

When ingesting and entering iptc data the right side of the stationary pad is reduced in width where only a 10% portion of the left side of the "accept changes" button shows, the same holds for accessing the stationary pad with "cntrl I" or the "view" button but when accessed from the thumbnail (i) bottom left icon it scrolls vertically just fine. No amount of resizing, top, bottom, corners, all eight positions cures this problem, it scrolls vertically not horizontally and when reduced in size the hand symbol works as it should.
As I do large quantities of data entry at ingest can this be resolved.
I have reinstalled 4.6 to no avail. I also tried changing back and forth between classic the new pad with no solution.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Stationary Pad not fully visible
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 10:31:31 AM »
When ingesting and entering iptc data the right side of the stationary pad is reduced in width where only a 10% portion of the left side of the "accept changes" button shows, the same holds for accessing the stationary pad with "cntrl I" or the "view" button but when accessed from the thumbnail (i) bottom left icon it scrolls vertically just fine. No amount of resizing, top, bottom, corners, all eight positions cures this problem, it scrolls vertically not horizontally and when reduced in size the hand symbol works as it should.
As I do large quantities of data entry at ingest can this be resolved.
I have reinstalled 4.6 to no avail. I also tried changing back and forth between classic the new pad with no solution.

Are you using unusually large fonts on your system?

-Kirk

Offline lszoke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 02:31:15 PM »
They are set to 100% in the accaessability panel in PM preferences, in the OS they are set to 90% of normal, 86 dpi.

I don't think the preferences will allow a lower setting. 

Hope this helps.

Larry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 07:04:38 PM »
Larry,

They are set to 100% in the accaessability panel in PM preferences, in the OS they are set to 90% of normal, 86 dpi.

I don't think the preferences will allow a lower setting. 

Please post a JPEG screenshot of your dialogs.  Use the 'Additional Options...' button while you're writing your reply.  From there you can upload your screenshots.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline lszoke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 05:25:20 PM »
Kirk I have solved the problem. In the display properties panel under settings-advanced-general I changed the DPI setting back to "normal 96 dpi" and all is well again.

Thank you for your help.

Cannot wait for you catalog addition to the family, iVIEW is great but with too many nagging problems.

Larry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 07:30:23 PM »
Larry,

Kirk I have solved the problem. In the display properties panel under settings-advanced-general I changed the DPI setting back to "normal 96 dpi" and all is well again.

Thank you for your help.

Cannot wait for you catalog addition to the family, iVIEW is great but with too many nagging problems.

It's good to hear that you've solved your issue with the IPTC dialogs.

Thanks for following up.

-Kirk