Author Topic: Private caption information  (Read 3931 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
Private caption information
« on: September 18, 2009, 06:31:11 AM »
I upload my images to online sites with a basic caption - If I get an order for an image of say a player I put the contact info drom the order in the caption. But now I want to upload the replacement - edited image to my fulfilment service for a print but I don't want the - new more private info to be shown. Is there a better place to put that info? or better way to keep the order info with the image file?

Thanks
Joe

Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Private caption information
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 07:10:06 AM »
Joe,

I upload my images to online sites with a basic caption - If I get an order for an image of say a player I put the contact info drom the order in the caption. But now I want to upload the replacement - edited image to my fulfilment service for a print but I don't want the - new more private info to be shown. Is there a better place to put that info? or better way to keep the order info with the image file?

You'll just have to try and experiment to find out which IPTC fields are not displayed by your service.  Easy enough to do.  Just take a sample photo, enter the name of the field into each field (in the Caption field, write 'Caption field', etc.) and then upload the image.  Look at it on the service and see what is displayed.  Use any field whose data isn't displayed.

HTH,

-Kirk