Author Topic: how to search for "Keyword1" OR "Keyword2" criterion  (Read 4512 times)

Offline sunlit

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
how to search for "Keyword1" OR "Keyword2" criterion
« on: September 27, 2009, 06:23:50 AM »
Sorry if a stupid question, I recently needed to search for images with either of two given keywords present, or both present together, i.e. to return all images that have either of two (or more) given keywords, or have all those keywords together.
In the search pane if I add keywords - contain - mykeword, then another parameter - same - keywords -contain - myOtherKeyword
the search returns ONLY images with BOTH keywords present. What is the way to search for all the images having either one, or all together - a number of given keywords?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: how to search for "Keyword1" OR "Keyword2" criterion
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 09:21:03 AM »
Sorry if a stupid question, I recently needed to search for images with either of two given keywords present, or both present together, i.e. to return all images that have either of two (or more) given keywords, or have all those keywords together.
In the search pane if I add keywords - contain - mykeword, then another parameter - same - keywords -contain - myOtherKeyword
the search returns ONLY images with BOTH keywords present. What is the way to search for all the images having either one, or all together - a number of given keywords?

There is no facility in the interface to do an OR.  All terms have to match.  It's an AND search.

-Kirk

Offline sunlit

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 10:22:10 AM »
looks like a common scenario, and a useful feature worth adding to the list of requested features.
In Lightroom for example it is done easily by just typing needed keywords in the search field, separated by commas.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 07:10:21 PM »
looks like a common scenario, and a useful feature worth adding to the list of requested features.
In Lightroom for example it is done easily by just typing needed keywords in the search field, separated by commas.

I agree.  It would still do an AND with the rest of the criteria items you add to the list.  If I add it, it will allow the use of commas or semi-colons depending on your preferences in the IPTC/XMP tab of the Preferences dialog.

-Kirk