Author Topic: Viewing PSD file made in Photoshop CS3 from a Nkon D-3 NEF file  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Lang

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Viewing PSD file made in Photoshop CS3 from a Nkon D-3 NEF file
« on: September 18, 2009, 01:47:17 PM »
I have PM version 4.6.1 and my OS is Windows XP on a pc.  When I save a Photoshopped file made CS-3 from a Nikon D-3 NEF file, I cannot view it on the contact sheet in PM.  PM displays a label which says "PSD file" (or words to that effect) in the space where the image should appear.  I also have a Nikon D-700 and the PSD files I create in CS-3 from the NEF files the D-700 takes are fully viewable in PM.  What do I need to do to be able to view the PSD files made from my D-3?  Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Viewing PSD file made in Photoshop CS3 from a Nkon D-3 NEF file
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 02:44:34 PM »
I have PM version 4.6.1 and my OS is Windows XP on a pc.  When I save a Photoshopped file made CS-3 from a Nikon D-3 NEF file, I cannot view it on the contact sheet in PM.  PM displays a label which says "PSD file" (or words to that effect) in the space where the image should appear.  I also have a Nikon D-700 and the PSD files I create in CS-3 from the NEF files the D-700 takes are fully viewable in PM.  What do I need to do to be able to view the PSD files made from my D-3?  Thanks.

Did you save it out as a PSB file by chance?  Or did you save it out as a PSD file but with the "Maximize compatibility" feature turned off?

PM cannot view PSB files at all.  PM cannot view PSD files without "Maximize compatibility" turned on.

-Kirk