Author Topic: Question regarding multiple IPTC records  (Read 3532 times)

Offline heavymeister

• View Profile
Question regarding multiple IPTC records
« on: September 02, 2010, 09:11:49 AM »
In the PM preference IPTC/XMP tab there is an option "For JPEGs with multiple IPTC records" either "read/update the first one or the last one".
I had PM set to handle the last one and ran into trouble with other applications (Fotostation, IrfanView, Bridge CS4) who would still show the IPTC record that was there before I made changes in PM. So I set PM to "read/update the first one" an then other applications would show the changes I made in PM, except for the copyright info. Here I would still get the (c) copyright sign with the photographer name, which I believe was applied in Photoshop initially. I could live with that, but I was wondering is there a software tool around that can show all IPTC records including a history or at least first and last record?

HM

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Question regarding multiple IPTC records
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 10:08:42 AM »
In the PM preference IPTC/XMP tab there is an option "For JPEGs with multiple IPTC records" either "read/update the first one or the last one".
I had PM set to handle the last one and ran into trouble with other applications (Fotostation, IrfanView, Bridge CS4) who would still show the IPTC record that was there before I made changes in PM. So I set PM to "read/update the first one" an then other applications would show the changes I made in PM, except for the copyright info. Here I would still get the (c) copyright sign with the photographer name, which I believe was applied in Photoshop initially. I could live with that, but I was wondering is there a software tool around that can show all IPTC records including a history or at least first and last record?

ExifTool should be able to do that.

-Kirk