Author Topic: IPTC/XMP  (Read 4400 times)

Offline slimenta

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC/XMP
« on: September 22, 2009, 08:05:42 PM »
When I set up IPTC data and add to an ingestion I do not get the component that is marked with an asterisk.  I know that this says that it is only loaded in XMP format.  So if I ingest RAW or JPEG photos, is there a way to get this data included with the ingestion.  I know that I can add it when I review individual pictures.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC/XMP
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 08:16:23 PM »
When I set up IPTC data and add to an ingestion I do not get the component that is marked with an asterisk.  I know that this says that it is only loaded in XMP format.  So if I ingest RAW or JPEG photos, is there a way to get this data included with the ingestion.  I know that I can add it when I review individual pictures.

Are you instructing PM to write IPTC4XMP into your JPEGs?  What about your RAW files, are you instructing PM to embed IPTC4XMP or write XMP sidecar files?

-Kirk

Offline slimenta

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 03:12:39 PM »
I guess I am not sure.  I checked the box in the ingest page saying "use global IPTC stationary."

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 04:16:35 PM »
I guess I am not sure.  I checked the box in the ingest page saying "use global IPTC stationary."

Please open up the Preferences dialog and click the IPTC/XMP tab.  There you can tell PM how you want IPTC/XMP data to be written.  If you're not telling it to write IPTC4XMP into your files then the IPTC fields with asterisks next to them will not be preserved.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline slimenta

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 04:34:12 PM »
got it, thanks