Author Topic: Classic IPTC dialogs  (Read 3332 times)

Offline wazrob

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Classic IPTC dialogs
« on: September 24, 2009, 03:01:48 AM »
I prefer to use the classic IPTC dialogs. The Full IPTC dialog without being able to hide fields is just too unwieldy and requires scrolling up and down. 

My GeoCoding software automatically adds to my photos:
City
Country

Occasionally I have to change the Location on a number of photos; this means that I must use the Full IPTC Stationary Pad.  After this change I must then clear the Stationary Pad and save it otherwise the Location added by this Stationery Pad will be added to all photos I then change using the Classic IPTC dialog.  I do not always remember to do this reset of the Full IPTC Stationery Pad.

Can the Clear button on the Classic IPTC dialog clear all IPTC fields not only the fields shown on this form.  If not all fields at least the Location field.

Thanks,
Warren

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Classic IPTC dialogs
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 06:45:01 AM »
Warren,

I prefer to use the classic IPTC dialogs. The Full IPTC dialog without being able to hide fields is just too unwieldy and requires scrolling up and down. 

My GeoCoding software automatically adds to my photos:
City
Country

Occasionally I have to change the Location on a number of photos; this means that I must use the Full IPTC Stationary Pad.  After this change I must then clear the Stationary Pad and save it otherwise the Location added by this Stationery Pad will be added to all photos I then change using the Classic IPTC dialog.  I do not always remember to do this reset of the Full IPTC Stationery Pad.

Can the Clear button on the Classic IPTC dialog clear all IPTC fields not only the fields shown on this form.  If not all fields at least the Location field.

That command/button only is capable of clearing the actual user interface components on the dialog.

What size screen do you have?  Have you tried resizing the IPTC Stationery Pad dialog taller?

-Kirk