Author Topic: SmugMug Uploader  (Read 33881 times)

Offline patanyska

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
SmugMug Uploader
« on: September 26, 2009, 03:13:41 PM »
Hi, I have Photo Mechanic version 4.6.1 and I run Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my Intel-based MacBook Pro.

Since this morning I have been unable to upload photos using the SmugMug Uploader, which had been working fine for the past few weeks, using the same upload parameters and file types. The upload appears to run normally - I get a "Transfer complete" confirmation, but when I check the log, the SIZE field is 0:

TIMESTAMP   STATUS   LOCAL_PATH   SERVICE_TYPE      REMOTE_PATH   SIZE   MD5_DIGEST
2009-09-26 17:40:01   [OK]   /Users/yabasta/Pictures/2 - Edit/2009/2009-06/20090610_pd_A640_0186-e.nef   SmugMug   smugmug.com:mail@pdrouin.com/Test/20090610_pd_A640_0186-e.JPG   0   6d6372174efa0b75944c986173ecd104

I uninstalled and reinstalled PM 4.6.1 (including deleting preference files, etc.) and re-created my Connection Setting, but the problem persists.

Attached are screen shots of the SmugMug Uploader and Upload Status windows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: SmugMug Uploader
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 04:18:42 PM »
Paul,

Hi, I have Photo Mechanic version 4.6.1 and I run Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my Intel-based MacBook Pro.

Since this morning I have been unable to upload photos using the SmugMug Uploader, which had been working fine for the past few weeks, using the same upload parameters and file types. The upload appears to run normally - I get a "Transfer complete" confirmation, but when I check the log, the SIZE field is 0:

TIMESTAMP   STATUS   LOCAL_PATH   SERVICE_TYPE      REMOTE_PATH   SIZE   MD5_DIGEST
2009-09-26 17:40:01   [OK]   /Users/yabasta/Pictures/2 - Edit/2009/2009-06/20090610_pd_A640_0186-e.nef   SmugMug   smugmug.com:mail@pdrouin.com/Test/20090610_pd_A640_0186-e.JPG   0   6d6372174efa0b75944c986173ecd104

I uninstalled and reinstalled PM 4.6.1 (including deleting preference files, etc.) and re-created my Connection Setting, but the problem persists.

Attached are screen shots of the SmugMug Uploader and Upload Status windows.

Are you able to upload to SmugMug with something other than Photo Mechanic?

-Kirk

Offline patanyska

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 04:52:25 PM »
Kirk,

Yes, I just checked and I'm able to upload using both MacDaddy and the browser-based SmugMug Uploader.

Paul

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 08:13:11 PM »
Paul,

Yes, I just checked and I'm able to upload using both MacDaddy and the browser-based SmugMug Uploader.

I am able to reproduce the problem.  The SmugMug folks tell me that they've made some changes recently.  These changes are what has caused a bug in the template to be uncovered.  I have fixed the bug in my development version.

Would you like to test the fix?

-Kirk

Offline patanyska

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 08:32:56 PM »
I sure would!

Paul

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 10:23:50 PM »
Paul,

I sure would!

I sent you a personal message...

-Kirk

Offline dsmccormick

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 07:30:16 PM »
Kirk:

I had the same problem. May I have the fix as well? Thanks, David.

Paul,

I am able to reproduce the problem.  The SmugMug folks tell me that they've made some changes recently.  These changes are what has caused a bug in the template to be uncovered.  I have fixed the bug in my development version.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 08:23:22 PM »
David,

I had the same problem. May I have the fix as well? Thanks, David.

I sent you a personal message as well.

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 01:16:30 PM »
Kirk I'm having the same problems uploading to Smugmug using Windows XP, this just happened recently, probably due to the changes Smugmug made.  It says the file transferred and I get the green box but the file doesn't show up on Smugmug.

Is there a fix for this?
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline rythm

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 06:48:09 PM »
i have the same problem and am using a macbookpro on osx 10/5/8.

can you pls send me the fix as well?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 09:44:11 PM »
Kirk I'm having the same problems uploading to Smugmug using Windows XP, this just happened recently, probably due to the changes Smugmug made.  It says the file transferred and I get the green box but the file doesn't show up on Smugmug.

Is there a fix for this?

Yes.  Personal message sent.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 09:45:40 PM »
i have the same problem and am using a macbookpro on osx 10/5/8.

can you pls send me the fix as well?

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 03:57:24 PM »

Is there a fix for this?

-Kirk

Hi Kirk,

Thanks that fixed the problem!  :)     One more question, my PM License expired at the end of June 2009 and I noticed that the Smugmug Fix is included in the 4.6.2b that will expire on 10/31/2009.  I am planning to renew my license sometime in the future, but don't really need to right now since 4.6.1 is working fine for me except for the Smugmug bug.  After the 10/31 if I reinstall my licensed 4.6.1 version will the Smugmug Fix still be applied?

Thanks,
Ron
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 08:51:48 PM »
Ron,

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks that fixed the problem!  :)     One more question, my PM License expired at the end of June 2009 and I noticed that the Smugmug Fix is included in the 4.6.2b that will expire on 10/31/2009.  I am planning to renew my license sometime in the future, but don't really need to right now since 4.6.1 is working fine for me except for the Smugmug bug.  After the 10/31 if I reinstall my licensed 4.6.1 version will the Smugmug Fix still be applied?

Since your updates period entitles you to run 4.6.x you'll be able to run any 4.6.x version up to 4.6.9 (if there ever is one.)

So rest assured that you'll be able to run 4.6.2 at no additional cost to you.

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 02:48:25 PM »
Ok Kirk that's great news!!!
My Blog - Ron's Blog