Author Topic: Igest opening multiple folders  (Read 1986 times)

Offline rbuden

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Igest opening multiple folders
« on: October 04, 2009, 05:04:28 PM »
I ingested a Scan Disk which I had removed from my Canon EOS-1 with data.  When I ingested (using IPTC) instead of opening the dated file I usually get the screen showed nine tabs. The tabs listed colors, Images and 100EOS1D.  The photos were in 100EOS1D. This happened twice.  I could not save the photos to another file. 
PM 4.5.4
Windows XP on a HP laptop.

How do I correct this problem. My goal is to open a single contact sheet to a date file.

The other files had images not related to photos.  Emoticons, word art  type stuff.

Thanks

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Igest opening multiple folders
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 06:44:06 PM »
I ingested a Scan Disk which I had removed from my Canon EOS-1 with data.  When I ingested (using IPTC) instead of opening the dated file I usually get the screen showed nine tabs. The tabs listed colors, Images and 100EOS1D.  The photos were in 100EOS1D. This happened twice.  I could not save the photos to another file. 
PM 4.5.4
Windows XP on a HP laptop.

How do I correct this problem. My goal is to open a single contact sheet to a date file.

The other files had images not related to photos.  Emoticons, word art  type stuff.

What is a 'Scan Disk'?
What is preventing you from saving photos to another file?

If you want to flatten the disk's directory structure, you can tell Ingest to do this and it will definitely do that for you.  Set the 'Source Directory Structure:' popup menu to 'ignore - copy all photos into same destination' before you start the Ingest.

HTH,

-Kirk