Author Topic: Slideshow fade, and improvements - full screen preview  (Read 2491 times)

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
Slideshow fade, and improvements - full screen preview
« on: October 07, 2009, 10:59:02 AM »
Hi Kirk, would it be possible to eliminate the delay when starting a slideshow? At least on the Mac, when you start it, the screen fades to black gradually and from black to image also gradually, and especially, when you end it, it fades gradually (about 1-2 seconds) back to contact sheet. Please make this fade optional (or is it caused by the SDL?)

I use slideshow frequently to evaluate finished photos or crops, and this fade in/out thing is pretty annoying when working fast.

Basically, I am using the slideshow as a full-screen viewer. I have the fade option disabled, but it still does  this.

In the end, I would like to have a real full screen Preview, without any of the system UI clutter like Dock etc.

I think you are using SDL for the slideshow code, you can already add stars or tag, all it needs is to function like preview if invoked e.g. by different shortcut - I mean, show stars and tag as an overlay in the corner, and show the change - I can render tag and stars as text using variables, but it doesn't change on screen unless I go to another photo and back in the slideshow.

Allow for mouse wheel to advance photos, and make it as quick as Preview window in advancing to next/previous photo (if your way of using SDL allows preloading photos like Preview window does).

I know I can maximize preview, hide the button bar, hide dock et cetera, but sometimes, best way to view photos (especially with crop applied) is photo only on black, without any UI detraction.

Thanks for considering :)