Author Topic: FTP error handling  (Read 4623 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
FTP error handling
« on: June 01, 2009, 01:53:11 AM »
Some times (ie. when my Internet connection breaks for some reason) I receive "error: Could not make connection to server. or 421 Timeout (120 seconds) closing control connection)" messages. My problem is that even after I reset Internet connection I cannot resume upload and pressing the restart button in the upload/FTP window does nothing. I have to start again generaing and sending of images.
It would be great if a resume function would exist, or at least the restart upload button would work and restart the once broken upload.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: FTP error handling
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 05:01:42 AM »
Are you using the 4.6.1 release? I thought this had the capability to cope with stalled uploads.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:27:39 AM »
Yes I use 4.6.1 public (not beta any more) both on my Win and my OSX machine.
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline Eagle66

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 02:11:39 PM »
Hmm,
i am testing 4.6.1 since some days and have same problem today. My UMTS-connection was lost after sending 4,5 of 12 pictures ;) After reconnect it seems not possible to restart the once broken upload?

JOB was: images are copy from original-folder to sent-folder and rename with sequenze on FTP-Tab and apply crop & Stat. PAD

I have try this situation with FTP-Porgramm (SmartFTP). FTP starts continue sending after reconnect with Picture 4 to 12.

What is the PM workflow for this situation?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 05:42:59 PM »
Hmm,
i am testing 4.6.1 since some days and have same problem today. My UMTS-connection was lost after sending 4,5 of 12 pictures ;) After reconnect it seems not possible to restart the once broken upload?

JOB was: images are copy from original-folder to sent-folder and rename with sequenze on FTP-Tab and apply crop & Stat. PAD

I have try this situation with FTP-Porgramm (SmartFTP). FTP starts continue sending after reconnect with Picture 4 to 12.

They're bugs.  We've got some fixes on the way.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 09:46:31 PM »
Hmm,

They're bugs.  We've got some fixes on the way.

-Kirk

It is good to hear, thanks for that!
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline blankfortj

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 09:24:16 PM »
Kirk,

I'm using 4.6.1 on XP and everything is really solid, except for the error handling when I FTP thumbs to Exposure Manager.  Seems like it will send 364 out of 365 or something like that…but then when I highlight the one that errored and press the resend button nothing happens.   No biggie, but would be nice if this little bug was fixed.

Thanks in advance,

John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 09:32:20 PM »
John,

I'm using 4.6.1 on XP and everything is really solid, except for the error handling when I FTP thumbs to Exposure Manager.  Seems like it will send 364 out of 365 or something like that…but then when I highlight the one that errored and press the resend button nothing happens.   No biggie, but would be nice if this little bug was fixed.

Are you using the Exposure Manager uploader?  Or are you using the FTP uploader?

-Kirk