Author Topic: Forums  (Read 3282 times)

Offline dcayers

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Forums
« on: October 16, 2009, 07:59:57 AM »
I may have missed something, but I would like to bookmark forums.  I would like to keep Q & A in categories; workflow, PM interfacing with other programs, keywording, etc.  This would save having to search after remembering something from a past post and rereading all the results.  Or downloading a particular post and creating a document of a collection of posts.

Thanks.
Nikon Shooter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Forums
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 08:01:32 AM »
I may have missed something, but I would like to bookmark forums.  I would like to keep Q & A in categories; workflow, PM interfacing with other programs, keywording, etc.  This would save having to search after remembering something from a past post and rereading all the results.  Or downloading a particular post and creating a document of a collection of posts.

Your browser should allow you to do that.  There is nothing special about our forums that precludes its pages from being bookmarked.

-Kirk

Offline dcayers

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 08:59:24 AM »
Thanks.  I am using Firefox on a Vista machine.  The bookmark has the whole thread.  Often it is just the last post which has the relevenat information.
Nikon Shooter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 09:46:51 AM »
Thanks.  I am using Firefox on a Vista machine.  The bookmark has the whole thread.  Often it is just the last post which has the relevenat information.

OK, well for instance if you wanted to bookmark this posting I am making right here, you would just right-click on the link (Re: Forums) above this posting and choose 'Bookmark this Link' from the menu that appears.

That should do it.  And when you open up that link, the browser should scroll enough to make it visible.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline dcayers

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 08:13:35 AM »
Thanks Kirk.  Never thought of rt clicking on the link.  Education never stops!
I only get internet when I to Starbucks these days.
Nikon Shooter