Author Topic: photo mechanic @ Mac  (Read 2980 times)

Offline jennialexander

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
photo mechanic @ Mac
« on: October 18, 2009, 06:57:37 AM »
I have a new mac OS x and snow leopard. I have also just purchased Photo mechanic. when I try to open files (all mine are Nikon RAW) Nothing happens. Can anyone tell me how to open my files. It used to work on the PC
Jenni

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: photo mechanic @ Mac
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 07:40:08 AM »
Jenni,

I have a new mac OS x and snow leopard. I have also just purchased Photo mechanic. when I try to open files (all mine are Nikon RAW) Nothing happens. Can anyone tell me how to open my files. It used to work on the PC

What do you mean by 'open the files'?  Do you mean when you try to edit them?  Or do you mean that when you open a contact sheet containing your images nothing shows up?

Also, only the 4.6.2 beta version is compatible with Snow Leopard.  4.6.1 and earlier versions have severe reliability issues when running on Snow Leopard.  You can get the beta version in the Announcements section of the forums.

-Kirk

Offline jennialexander

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 08:31:35 AM »
I mean when I click on the side bar on the left hand side of Photo mechanic I can see all my folders from my external hard drive but nothing opens unless it is a JPEG file. Most of the images I want to open are RAW. I have the latest version of Photo Mechanic. where do I get it from
Jenni

Offline jennialexander

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 08:32:13 AM »
Sorry I just read where to get it.

Offline jennialexander

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 08:40:51 AM »
I have just downloaded the Beta version which seems to expires end of the month and I have just purchased the program! However the same thing is happening. I cannot view any images that are in RAW! at all.

Offline jennialexander

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 08:48:04 AM »
I have just worked out what I was doing wrong. I was not clicking on the arrow to open the file. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I trust I will be notified when the new version for Mac will be released!
jenni

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 09:32:54 AM »
jenni,

I have just worked out what I was doing wrong. I was not clicking on the arrow to open the file. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I trust I will be notified when the new version for Mac will be released!

We'll make an announcement of the availability of the final non-beta version on the Announcements section of the forums.  We expect to go final on the 22nd of October.

-Kirk