Author Topic: IPTC preview zoom 4.4.3.2  (Read 9853 times)

Offline Andrew MacKay

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Keaphotos.com
IPTC preview zoom 4.4.3.2
« on: August 02, 2006, 09:59:17 PM »
Don't lnow if this is expected behaviour, BUT when you click on the preview to zoom, it's just a rescale of the thumbnail.. and therefor very very blocky.

Andrew

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC preview zoom 4.4.3.2
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 10:03:02 PM »
Don't lnow if this is expected behaviour, BUT when you click on the preview to zoom, it's just a rescale of the thumbnail.. and therefor very very blocky.

Andrew

What is the file format of the images that you are zooming into?  What OS are you running, and what version is the OS.

-Kirk

Offline Andrew MacKay

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Keaphotos.com
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 10:13:10 PM »
Sorry Kirk, Windows XPsp2, Jpg's directly from an EOS 1Dmk2

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 11:43:40 PM »
Sorry Kirk, Windows XPsp2, Jpg's directly from an EOS 1Dmk2

I misunderstood what you're saying.  I didn't realize you were talking about the IPTC Info dialog thumbnail preview.

I just tried mine.  It zooms in at less than 1/2 second.  It is initially blocky, but then zooms in real nice.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 02:01:00 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Ron Scheffler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 01:40:45 PM »
OK, here's a Mac problem related to the 4.4.3.2 IPTC Info zoom feature:

On a G5 2.3DP running OSX 10.4.6, the Control-Z option will not zoom the preview window (but clicking on it with the cursor does work, and with smooth, proper resolution).

On an Intel powered MacBook running 10.4.7, the Control-Z option DOES work as expected, as does the cursor click on the preview, which expands to smooth, proper resolution.

Checking the other keyboard shortcuts available for the IPTC Info window, and they all appear to work properly on the G5 (didn't try every single one). Just the preview zoom shortcut does not.
Ron Scheffler - Photographer

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 02:03:21 PM »
OK, here's a Mac problem related to the 4.4.3.2 IPTC Info zoom feature:

On a G5 2.3DP running OSX 10.4.6, the Control-Z option will not zoom the preview window (but clicking on it with the cursor does work, and with smooth, proper resolution).

Make sure you don't have the CAPS LOCK key down, nor the shift key.  And you have to hold it down for as long as you want to see the higher resolution version.

Quote from: Ron Scheffler
On an Intel powered MacBook running 10.4.7, the Control-Z option DOES work as expected, as does the cursor click on the preview, which expands to smooth, proper resolution.

Checking the other keyboard shortcuts available for the IPTC Info window, and they all appear to work properly on the G5 (didn't try every single one). Just the preview zoom shortcut does not.

My G5 2.0 GHz DP machine works fine.  Ctrl-z zooms the thumbnail which resolves very quickly.

-Kirk

Offline Ron Scheffler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 02:07:45 PM »

Make sure you don't have the CAPS LOCK key down, nor the shift key.  And you have to hold it down for as long as you want to see the higher resolution version.

Well, that did the trick! I had the caps lock turned on. Good to know for future reference... Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 02:09:44 PM by Ron Scheffler »
Ron Scheffler - Photographer

Offline Andrew MacKay

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Keaphotos.com
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 04:44:32 PM »
Found the problem .... I have PM set to generate low rez thumbnails, switched it to Hi Rez and they display fine. Can't zoom the image though, not that I expected to be able to.

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 05:21:59 PM »
How the hell did I miss this?   ???  Anyway...another sweet improvement!  Thanks!

dbr
Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713