Photo Mechanic > Support

Preserving Changes to RAW made in DPP

(1/1)

peteg:
Hello,

This may be a question for Canon, but I am going to start here. I shot RAW (.cr2) with a Canon 20d. I make most of my adjustments in DPP (Digital Photo Professional), Canon's RAW converter/image browser software. The problem I am having is that the changes I make in DPP aren't showing up when I open the file in PM. Since I am integrating Photoshelter into my work flow, I would very much like to send RAW files to Photoshelter via PM after making adjustments in DPP.

Any guidance would be helpful, even if it's a "talk to Canon"

Thanks,
Pete

Kirk Baker:
Pete,

--- Quote from: peteg on August 04, 2006, 10:54:40 AM ---This may be a question for Canon, but I am going to start here. I shot RAW (.cr2) with a Canon 20d. I make most of my adjustments in DPP (Digital Photo Professional), Canon's RAW converter/image browser software. The problem I am having is that the changes I make in DPP aren't showing up when I open the file in PM. Since I am integrating Photoshelter into my work flow, I would very much like to send RAW files to Photoshelter via PM after making adjustments in DPP.

Any guidance would be helpful, even if it's a "talk to Canon"
--- End quote ---

DPP doesn't update the JPEG preview contained inside the CR2 file.  And if you upload the CR2 to PhotoShelter, it won't understand the DPP settings, so the uploaded image will not look like it did in DPP.

I suggest you adjust in DPP and then process the images to either JPEGs or TIFFs and upload those.  Only then will you have complete control over the final look of your photos.

Asking Canon to update the JPEG preview after adjustment would be helpful too.

HTH,

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version