Author Topic: PM 4.6.2b1 - Mac - Command + V Paste problem in dialog box...  (Read 2740 times)

Offline toddbuchanan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Todd Buchanan Corporate & Editorial
PM 4.6.2b1 - Mac - Command + V Paste problem in dialog box...
« on: October 26, 2009, 11:24:03 AM »
Some odd behavior in PM 4.6.2b1 when I use the "Copy/Move Photos..." or "Save Photos As..." options and when I click on "Move" or "Save" and the dialog box pops up (to save to whatever folder I want to save or move them to)...when I select "New Folder" and try to paste in (Command + V) it doesn't allow a paste...you can manually type a folder name, but no pasting.

Background: Mac OS 10.5.8, replicated on both a QuadCore Desktop and on MacBook Pro using PM 4.6.2b1....I am using a control panel "Default Folder", but didn't have this problem with PM 4.6.1...

Thanks for getting a fix on the SmugMug uploader in 4.6.2b1! I am a heavy user and I know it was their fault for changing API's, so I appreciate your keeping up the great work!

Todd Buchanan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.6.2b1 - Mac - Command + V Paste problem in dialog box...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 12:03:49 PM »
Todd,

Some odd behavior in PM 4.6.2b1 when I use the "Copy/Move Photos..." or "Save Photos As..." options and when I click on "Move" or "Save" and the dialog box pops up (to save to whatever folder I want to save or move them to)...when I select "New Folder" and try to paste in (Command + V) it doesn't allow a paste...you can manually type a folder name, but no pasting.

Background: Mac OS 10.5.8, replicated on both a QuadCore Desktop and on MacBook Pro using PM 4.6.2b1....I am using a control panel "Default Folder", but didn't have this problem with PM 4.6.1...

Thanks for getting a fix on the SmugMug uploader in 4.6.2b1! I am a heavy user and I know it was their fault for changing API's, so I appreciate your keeping up the great work!

Actually it was an error on our end that was only made apparent when they made the 'API' server no longer accept uploads.

As for the copy/paste issue, I'll look into it, but it is Apple's dialog that is presenting the interface that you're having trouble with so it may be difficult to fix.  I made a change in 4.6.2 to run Apple's file/folder open/save dialogs in a separate process because the large majority of crashes in Photo Mechanic occur from running those dialogs from within Photo Mechanic itself.  Running those dialogs in a separate process really makes things more stable, especially in Mac OS X 10.6.x.  I have no idea why running them in a separate process would cause them to no longer accept copy/paste commands.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 12:09:14 PM »

I am able to reproduce the issue.  I have also found a workaround.  If you right-click (or Ctrl-click if you have a one-button mouse) in the text field you'll get a contextual menu which lists (among other things) Copy and Paste menu items.  They work fine.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline toddbuchanan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Todd Buchanan Corporate & Editorial
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 01:59:55 PM »
As always, thanks for the quick reply and workaround!

Todd

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 02:11:27 PM »
Todd,

As always, thanks for the quick reply and workaround!

Check the latest beta version (4.6.2b2).  I fixed the copy/paste issue you reported.  The workaround is no longer necessary.

-Kirk