Author Topic: Loss of color profile after sleep  (Read 2509 times)

Offline weedinner§

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Loss of color profile after sleep
« on: October 29, 2009, 06:36:33 AM »
Hi again

I'm running OS X 10.5.8 on MAcBookpro with 4 GB of RAM and PM 4.6.1.

I have a strange issue. After I wake up my laptop from sleep I seem to lose the correct color display in the thumbnails only. When zoomed it is the correct color but the thumbnails look like untagged RGB. When I reboot PM everything is fine

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Loss of color profile after sleep
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 06:40:20 AM »
I'm running OS X 10.5.8 on MAcBookpro with 4 GB of RAM and PM 4.6.1.

I have a strange issue. After I wake up my laptop from sleep I seem to lose the correct color display in the thumbnails only. When zoomed it is the correct color but the thumbnails look like untagged RGB. When I reboot PM everything is fine

What color profile have you assigned to your display?  What profile is in your images?  What default profile are you using when your images do not contain profiles?

-Kirk

Offline weedinner§

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 06:50:05 AM »
Hi Kirk

camera profiles are either sRGB or Adobe RGB 1998. The laptop was calibrated using a Huey profile. I only PM to view images direct from the camera.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 06:56:35 AM »
camera profiles are either sRGB or Adobe RGB 1998. The laptop was calibrated using a Huey profile. I only PM to view images direct from the camera.

So you're saying that all you need to do is open up a contact sheet full of photos, wait for it to load, put your laptop to sleep, wake it up, and then PM completely re-renders all of the thumbnails in the contact sheet but with a different color profile?  Waking from sleep should cause no re-rendering whatsoever.  Do you see the thumbnail names change from black to red and then black again?  If so, then PM is re-rendering the thumbnails.  If not, then PM may be re-drawing them, but Apple's ColorSync would be at fault if the color changes.

I have never seen this issue personally.  Perhaps you could post some before and after screenshots as JPEGs to your reply to this message?  Use the 'Additional Options...' link when you're composing your email and there you can upload JPEG screenshots.

-Kirk