Author Topic: 4.4.3.2 Cache and color classes  (Read 4925 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
4.4.3.2 Cache and color classes
« on: August 04, 2006, 01:08:37 PM »
Kirk,

First things first.... Windows XP pro, P IV@3.2 3GB ram.

I know that all answers start with the above :) I was editing a folder that contains 622 files. About a quarter of the way into the edit I noticed the the nef's had not been moved to a segregated folder, so I used explorer to move the nef files. when I returned to PM I tried to refresh the contact page but it continued to show jpg+nef. I continued with the edit and once I was done, closed PM. When I reopened PM the contacts were now correct in that they no longer had the jpg+nef BUT all of the color classes were gone! I'm back at square 1. Any ideas??

Eric

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.4.3.2 Cache and color classes
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 01:42:06 PM »
Eric,

First things first.... Windows XP pro, P IV@3.2 3GB ram.

I know that all answers start with the above :) I was editing a folder that contains 622 files. About a quarter of the way into the edit I noticed the the nef's had not been moved to a segregated folder, so I used explorer to move the nef files. when I returned to PM I tried to refresh the contact page but it continued to show jpg+nef. I continued with the edit and once I was done, closed PM. When I reopened PM the contacts were now correct in that they no longer had the jpg+nef BUT all of the color classes were gone! I'm back at square 1. Any ideas??

Photo Mechanic automatically rescans all open contact sheets when it is resumed.  Refresh is not the same command as Rescan.  Refresh just re-filters and re-sorts the Contact Sheet.  The Rescan command is on the File menu.

Are you certain that you were browsing the same folder as the folder you manipulated with Windows Explorer?

If the NEFs were removed from the folder being browsed, then when you came back into Photo Mechanic, the NEFs should have disappeared from the titles of the thumbnails.

-Kirk

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Re: 4.4.3.2 Cache and color classes
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 01:54:23 PM »

Are you certain that you were browsing the same folder as the folder you manipulated with Windows Explorer?

If the NEFs were removed from the folder being browsed, then when you came back into Photo Mechanic, the NEFs should have disappeared from the titles of the thumbnails.

-Kirk

I was about to say OF COURSE I was was working from the same folder but..... my red faced ass_istant just fessed up to creating a working folder on a mapped network drive :-[
Sorry for the mess. I will see to her proper flogging with wet pasta.... Sorry Kirk :-[