Author Topic: Images black when captioning  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Melissa Wade

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Images black when captioning
« on: October 31, 2009, 10:48:13 PM »
No idea what I could have done - captioning (using "i" then save next to move) and first image was normal, hit save next and the image appeared and then went all black (looks normal on contact sheet), next image the same.  Closed out; reopened and still happening.   Same thing also occurs when I click on magnifying glass - large image all black, filmstrip at bottom normal.

PSD files - Windows XP Pro.  PM 4.6.1

Thanks for any help.

--

Edited to add - saved images as .jpgs and they are now fine, BUT my normal workflow involves captioning while still .psds and it has always worked fine so I'd still like to know what has gone wrong.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 11:07:56 PM by Melissa Wade »

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Images black when captioning
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 06:12:17 AM »
Melissa,

No idea what I could have done - captioning (using "i" then save next to move) and first image was normal, hit save next and the image appeared and then went all black (looks normal on contact sheet), next image the same.  Closed out; reopened and still happening.   Same thing also occurs when I click on magnifying glass - large image all black, filmstrip at bottom normal.

PSD files - Windows XP Pro.  PM 4.6.1

Thanks for any help.

--

Edited to add - saved images as .jpgs and they are now fine, BUT my normal workflow involves captioning while still .psds and it has always worked fine so I'd still like to know what has gone wrong.  Thanks.

I don't know why that would be happening.  Can you send me one sample image that exhibits this behavior?  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

-Kirk