Author Topic: Upload order problem?  (Read 2112 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
Upload order problem?
« on: November 01, 2009, 05:03:25 AM »
Kirk - Zenfolio defaults to upload order. PM's uploader seems to be uploading 2 images at a time but they often don't finish in "order". So many times I need to switch to sort by filename on ZF to keep sequences in order. Can you see an easy fix for this?
Thanks
Joe
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Upload order problem?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 06:15:08 AM »
Joe,

Kirk - Zenfolio defaults to upload order. PM's uploader seems to be uploading 2 images at a time but they often don't finish in "order". So many times I need to switch to sort by filename on ZF to keep sequences in order. Can you see an easy fix for this?

Sure.  You can turn off the ability for PM to upload more than one image at a time.  That will enforce your load order.  Click on the Preferences button in the Upload dialog to change this setting.

In the meantime, I'll send off an email to the Zenfolio folks and have them see if they could change the 'load order' to be based on when an image is started to be sent rather than when it finishes being sent.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 03:23:04 PM »
Joe,

Zenfolio defaults to upload order. PM's uploader seems to be uploading 2 images at a time but they often don't finish in "order". So many times I need to switch to sort by filename on ZF to keep sequences in order. Can you see an easy fix for this?

The Zenfolio folks agreed to make a change to their system to consider the load order when a file begins uploading rather than when it completes.  This should take care of the problem.  I don't have any information as to when the Zenfolio folks will finish this work.

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 04:21:18 PM »
Kirk - you have a lot more clout with them then I do. I'm still hoping that some day they'll allow sorting by color code.

Thanks
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com