Author Topic: Some troubles with structured keywords.  (Read 5602 times)

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
Some troubles with structured keywords.
« on: November 22, 2009, 04:56:59 AM »
I use NX2 and PM on my mac (10.6.2) for my pictures.

I am working with LightRoom to present my pictures (no more iViewMediaPro). My strategy is  "no changes with LR, only show pictures".
All my keywords (put with PL) are goods in LR.

Now I try structured keywords, simply with animaux sauvages ou domestiques (salvages or pets).
I put panel from the menu bar, I make new "animaux" in the first column, then I ask for a child : I have animaux in the first and untitled in the second, OK ?
 As soon as I write sauvages, the parent animaux is replaced by untitled ! Where is the mistake ?

After I try another experience with only one picture. I erase keywords in PM, then I make a hierarchy in LR, I save in the file and return to PM, keywords are :
animaux,sauvages,animaux|sauvages
I suppose animaux|sauvages is the result of my work on PM and animaux,sauvages  on LR.

Very difficult for me, an exemple in the manuel should be appreciated.

I am not sure I progress in english  langage !
Berst regards.

Soizic (France)
MacBook Pro M1,Ventura, PM+ à jour, deepl translator

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Some troubles with structured keywords.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 06:35:09 AM »
I use NX2 and PM on my mac (10.6.2) for my pictures.

I am working with LightRoom to present my pictures (no more iViewMediaPro). My strategy is  "no changes with LR, only show pictures".
All my keywords (put with PL) are goods in LR.

Now I try structured keywords, simply with animaux sauvages ou domestiques (salvages or pets).
I put panel from the menu bar, I make new "animaux" in the first column, then I ask for a child : I have animaux in the first and untitled in the second, OK ?
 As soon as I write sauvages, the parent animaux is replaced by untitled ! Where is the mistake ?

I don't know.  I tried to reproduce your issue and couldn't get the problem you described to happen for me.  Please post screen shots of each step so I can see what is going on.

Quote from: Soizic
After I try another experience with only one picture. I erase keywords in PM, then I make a hierarchy in LR, I save in the file and return to PM, keywords are :
animaux,sauvages,animaux|sauvages
I suppose animaux|sauvages is the result of my work on PM and animaux,sauvages  on LR.

The "animaux|sauvages" is the representation of the hierarchy you created in LR.  This is as we intended.  Single keywords are listed with a comma ',' or a semi-colon ';' between them.  Hierarchical keywords are separated by '|'.  This is not an error.

-Kirk

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 01:48:13 AM »
Thanks for your prompt reponse. So LR is good for structured keyword, but I want work with PM !

I join a pdf file.
I feel stupid and I do'nt like that !!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Soizic (France)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 06:40:19 AM »
Thanks for your prompt reponse. So LR is good for structured keyword, but I want work with PM !

I join a pdf file.
I feel stupid and I don't like that !!!

I don't know why you're getting permanently named "Untitled" items, but you can right-click on an entry and choose "Rename" and enter a new name.  The reason you're not seeing hierarchical keywords in PM is that you don't have the "Use separator between keywords in path" check box checked.  Just set that check box and you'll see '|' between your keywords.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 06:48:07 AM »
Thanks, now it is possible !
Soizic (France)