Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Problems Copying Files To New Folder

(1/1)

Wolvie:
I've looked (or so I think I have) looked through all of the menus and dialogs but so far unable to locate a switch to turn off this behavior in PM.  When I use PM and drag a file from the contact sheet to a new folder on different drive it deletes the file from the original location. I could understand this if I was moving a file on the same drive, but I'm not.

I was unaware of this behavior early on and lost several dozen high res files because I resized them to web viewing levels after moving them to a new directory thinking the originals would not be touched, moved or deleted.  I was not a happy camper since the lost files were first round selects.  Luckily, I recovered about 1/2 because the cards had not been used when I discovered the issue.

So my question is there a check box somewhere to keep PM from doing this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: Wolvie on August 05, 2006, 12:20:24 PM ---I've looked (or so I think I have) looked through all of the menus and dialogs but so far unable to locate a switch to turn off this behavior in PM.  When I use PM and drag a file from the contact sheet to a new folder on different drive it deletes the file from the original location. I could understand this if I was moving a file on the same drive, but I'm not.

I was unaware of this behavior early on and lost several dozen high res files because I resized them to web viewing levels after moving them to a new directory thinking the originals would not be touched, moved or deleted.  I was not a happy camper since the lost files were first round selects.  Luckily, I recovered about 1/2 because the cards had not been used when I discovered the issue.

So my question is there a check box somewhere to keep PM from doing this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
--- End quote ---

As always it is very important that you tell me what OS you are running on, and what specific version of Photo Mechanic you are using.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Wolvie:
"As always it is very important that you tell me what OS you are running on, and what specific version of Photo Mechanic you are using."

My bad, Kirk.

I am running the latest release of PM with both Win2000 and XP.

Wolvie

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: Wolvie on August 06, 2006, 02:24:24 PM ---"As always it is very important that you tell me what OS you are running on, and what specific version of Photo Mechanic you are using."

My bad, Kirk.

I am running the latest release of PM with both Win2000 and XP.

Wolvie

--- End quote ---

We'll look into the problem.  In the meantime, you can right-click-drag the photos to the destination, and when you release the right mouse button, you'll get a contextual menu that will let you choose the operation.

HTH,

-Kirk

Wolvie:
Thanks, Kirk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version