Author Topic: FTPing with Sprint 3G/4G USB Modem  (Read 1764 times)

Offline jrodriguez

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTPing with Sprint 3G/4G USB Modem
« on: November 11, 2009, 11:39:47 AM »
I am using the following system:
Sony Vaio
Microsoft windows xp professional version 2002 service pack 3
Photo mechanic 4.5
Sprint 3G/4G USB Modem U300

FTPing out of PhotoMechanic, am having difficulty now that I have installed and am using the new modem (sprint old modem worked fine).
With new modem, using 3G (4G hasn't been activated yet) when multiple files are set to transmit there is an error with the first file in list (error message) and it fails to send, then the next one in line proceeds to transmit but at a very slow kb/sec.
Sometimes when sending one at a time, the first one attempted fails.
None of these problems arise when I switch to my backup FTP, Ipswitch\WS_FTP Professional\.
Just wondering if you guys have seen similar problem with this modem, have made any attempts to change software to accomodate and/or have any suggestions.
Thanks,
joe

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTPing with Sprint 3G/4G USB Modem
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 01:32:21 PM »
I am using the following system:
Sony Vaio
Microsoft windows xp professional version 2002 service pack 3
Photo mechanic 4.5
Sprint 3G/4G USB Modem U300

FTPing out of PhotoMechanic, am having difficulty now that I have installed and am using the new modem (sprint old modem worked fine).
With new modem, using 3G (4G hasn't been activated yet) when multiple files are set to transmit there is an error with the first file in list (error message) and it fails to send, then the next one in line proceeds to transmit but at a very slow kb/sec.
Sometimes when sending one at a time, the first one attempted fails.
None of these problems arise when I switch to my backup FTP, Ipswitch\WS_FTP Professional\.
Just wondering if you guys have seen similar problem with this modem, have made any attempts to change software to accomodate and/or have any suggestions.

We don't have one of those modems and I have nothing to suggest to solve your issue.  You could try calling our customer support folks at 503-547-2888 and they'll try and troubleshoot the problem with you.

I don't think I'd be much help going back and forth on the forums with you.

-Kirk