Author Topic: File Extensions issue  (Read 1993 times)

Offline okephoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Kevin Oke Photography
File Extensions issue
« on: November 10, 2009, 06:54:46 PM »
I am resizing 4,000 plus images that are both .jpg and .JPG for the file extensions. It's important that the upper and lower case extensions stay the same but I have a choice of only uppercase or lowercase during the process. Any ideas?

Thanks

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: File Extensions issue
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 07:20:20 PM »
I am resizing 4,000 plus images that are both .jpg and .JPG for the file extensions. It's important that the upper and lower case extensions stay the same but I have a choice of only uppercase or lowercase during the process. Any ideas?

Do you mean that you can't standardize on one case or the other?  There is only one setting (either uppercase or lowercase) and it is always enforced when file names are generated.  We would have to add another setting (Detect Current Case or something like that.)

At this time we have no such feature and I have no workaround to suggest to you.

-Kirk

Offline okephoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Kevin Oke Photography
Re: File Extensions issue
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 07:40:12 PM »
Hi Kirk,

That is correct, I need to keep the case the same. I try to standardize but older files are different and I'm calling the images with a PHP program. I just did a workaround by using a file search and replace program to make the changes needed within the HTML.

Another setting might be of use although my workaround has done a great job. It might make matters worse for most! Thanks for your quick reply.