Author Topic: Migrate info into KEYWORDS  (Read 3099 times)

Offline John OHara

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Migrate info into KEYWORDS
« on: November 16, 2009, 07:48:36 AM »
Is is possible to take date from, Title, Credit and Source and put them into KEYWORDS, like:  Whizbang, John Smith and Dave hobbs. This would infor from title,credit,source.
I am wanting to get away from using portfolio on my web site. In a new web site putting this info into one field would make the search go faster on the web.
Currently I am using PM 4.5.4 and OS 10.4.11
Thank You.... John O'Hara

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Migrate info into KEYWORDS
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 08:13:14 AM »
John,

Is is possible to take date from, Title, Credit and Source and put them into KEYWORDS, like:  Whizbang, John Smith and Dave hobbs. This would infor from title,credit,source.
I am wanting to get away from using portfolio on my web site. In a new web site putting this info into one field would make the search go faster on the web.
Currently I am using PM 4.5.4 and OS 10.4.11

Yes, use the variables for those fields in your Keywords field of the IPTC Stationery Pad.  Then apply the IPTC Stationery Pad to your photos.

{title}, {photog}, {source}

And make sure you set the '+' (append) check box next to the Keywords field or your current keywords will be lost.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline John OHara

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Another question about..Migrate info into KEYWORDS
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 08:40:22 AM »
Kirk,
I tried that it worked fine. NOW, I am wanting to add the Title, Credit ,Source to KEYWORDS. In the IPTC of already existing photos/data. There are thousands of  unique images with its own data. One size does not fit all here. It would be almost impossible to  to do this manually. Am I making sense ? John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Another question about..Migrate info into KEYWORDS
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 09:08:20 AM »
John,

I tried that it worked fine. NOW, I am wanting to add the Title, Credit ,Source to KEYWORDS. In the IPTC of already existing photos/data. There are thousands of  unique images with its own data. One size does not fit all here. It would be almost impossible to  to do this manually. Am I making sense ? John

You just select the images and run the exact same IPTC Stationery Pad as you just did.  The data from each image will be applied to themselves. Only the image's own data will be applied to itself.

-Kirk

Offline John OHara

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Migrate info into KEYWORDS third reply
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 09:23:15 AM »
Kirk,
I see how that works. Great. Now can I do this to all the images at once ? It works fine one at a time, Is it possible to do a global adjustment ? Johnn

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Migrate info into KEYWORDS third reply
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 10:05:35 AM »
John,

I see how that works. Great. Now can I do this to all the images at once ? It works fine one at a time, Is it possible to do a global adjustment ?

Yes.  Select all of your images at once.  Use the IPTC Stationery Pad.  Press the "Apply Stationery to Selected" button.

Done.

-Kirk

Offline John OHara

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: works great..question
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 11:42:02 AM »
Thanks Kirk,
This is working properly for me. I attempted to forward how to do this to a friend. When she does it, all the IPTC info carries over. Where for me only updates into KEYWORDS.  Should all the fields be deslected EXECPT the Keyword ? I was careful to have her APPLY Stationary Pad. She is also using ver. 4.5.4 John
When is the Catalog going to arrive ? I know you do off road. I have a 37 ft. toyhauler with a complete suspension up grade want to buy it ? John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: works great..question
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 12:23:02 PM »
John,

This is working properly for me. I attempted to forward how to do this to a friend. When she does it, all the IPTC info carries over. Where for me only updates into KEYWORDS.  Should all the fields be deslected EXECPT the Keyword ? I was careful to have her APPLY Stationary Pad. She is also using ver. 4.5.4

Yes.  You should only have the Keywords field checked (along with the append check box also checked) since you don't want to change any other fields.

-Kirk