Author Topic: "Apply to all" in IPTC Info panel  (Read 4387 times)

Offline Lars

• View Profile
    • DESGphoto / elementalSPORTS
"Apply to all" in IPTC Info panel
« on: November 26, 2009, 10:50:29 PM »
Hi Kirk,

I have a small workflow question where I'm nut sure if I understood it all in the right way.

Following scenario:
- ingest all images applying a previously defined IPTC stationary pad (where, when what etc.), in terms of more or less "static" or common data
- open the IPTC info panel (I) to set keywords and enter more detailed captions picture-based

Now it happens really often that I would like to select some images to assign them with the same keywords and also with the same caption data etc. (e.g. select all images with the same persons).

I guess the only way to do this is via the stationary pad, isn't it? But this is not really sufficient and fast. Why isn't it possible (like in Lightroom) to apply the changes from the IPTC info panel to all selected photos at once? In other words: why isn't an "Apply to all selected" button in the IPTC info panel.

I now that there is a copy,past. save etc. button, but this is not the same... So an "apply to all selected" would really help here and improve the workflow! Or have I missed something and there is a function to do that?

Thanks again for your help,
regards,Lars

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: "Apply to all" in IPTC Info panel
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 10:56:38 PM »
Lars,

I have a small workflow question where I'm nut sure if I understood it all in the right way.

Following scenario:
- ingest all images applying a previously defined IPTC stationary pad (where, when what etc.), in terms of more or less "static" or common data
- open the IPTC info panel (I) to set keywords and enter more detailed captions picture-based

Now it happens really often that I would like to select some images to assign them with the same keywords and also with the same caption data etc. (e.g. select all images with the same persons).

I guess the only way to do this is via the stationary pad, isn't it? But this is not really sufficient and fast. Why isn't it possible (like in Lightroom) to apply the changes from the IPTC info panel to all selected photos at once? In other words: why isn't an "Apply to all selected" button in the IPTC info panel.

I now that there is a copy,past. save etc. button, but this is not the same... So an "apply to all selected" would really help here and improve the workflow! Or have I missed something and there is a function to do that?

You haven't missed anything.  The feature you're describing doesn't exist.  You're welcome to make a feature request by posting this in the Feature Requests section of the forums.

-Kirk

Offline Lars

• View Profile
    • DESGphoto / elementalSPORTS
Re: "Apply to all" in IPTC Info panel
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 11:01:47 PM »
You haven't missed anything.  The feature you're describing doesn't exist.  You're welcome to make a feature request by posting this in the Feature Requests section of the forums.

Hello Kirk,

thanks for your very fast answer. Your support is wonderful and absolutely awesome. The best support forum I know!
I will post it in the Feature Requests section again.

Thanks a lot,
Lars