Author Topic: Color Class ... PM -> Fotostation  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Richard_Wolowicz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Color Class ... PM -> Fotostation
« on: November 18, 2009, 07:46:35 AM »
Been using PM for years on a PC ... never had any issues.  I recently moved back to using a MBP with PM 4.6.1 and have had some issues with color classes not being updated or written. 

MBP
OSX 10.6.1
PM 4.6.1

In my workflow, I ingest images to my main folder.  Throughout the assignment I set color classes (1st period of hockey = color class 1, 2nd period =color class 2, etc...) I edit, caption and upload .... move on to the next period/quarter and repeat. At the end of an assignment, I go through the whole take again and pick out my "seconds" or stock group and color class them as color class 5.

Editors at the desk don't have a hard time with the color classes 1,2 or 3 but 5 if is giving them a hard time (internal thing).  I've tried setting all the "5's" back to color class 0 (None) and it's still showing up on Fotostation as color class 5.  I tried again to set all the "5's" back to "1's" and they're still showing up as "5's" on the Editors desk but, "1's" on my system.

Something I'm doing wrong ?  Is this a compatibility issue ?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Color Class ... PM -> Fotostation
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 09:01:10 AM »
Richard,

Been using PM for years on a PC ... never had any issues.  I recently moved back to using a MBP with PM 4.6.1 and have had some issues with color classes not being updated or written. 

MBP
OSX 10.6.1
PM 4.6.1

In my workflow, I ingest images to my main folder.  Throughout the assignment I set color classes (1st period of hockey = color class 1, 2nd period =color class 2, etc...) I edit, caption and upload .... move on to the next period/quarter and repeat. At the end of an assignment, I go through the whole take again and pick out my "seconds" or stock group and color class them as color class 5.

Editors at the desk don't have a hard time with the color classes 1,2 or 3 but 5 if is giving them a hard time (internal thing).  I've tried setting all the "5's" back to color class 0 (None) and it's still showing up on Fotostation as color class 5.  I tried again to set all the "5's" back to "1's" and they're still showing up as "5's" on the Editors desk but, "1's" on my system.

Something I'm doing wrong ?  Is this a compatibility issue ?

I unfortunately do not have any experience with Fotostation.  I have no idea if they do their color labels the XMP way or if they have their own proprietary system.

I don't have any suggestions for you.  Perhaps another user on our forums may be able to help.

-Kirk