Author Topic: SpellCheck while typing  (Read 3370 times)

Offline jah313

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
SpellCheck while typing
« on: November 18, 2009, 07:50:30 AM »
Macbook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core Duo with 4GB ram and 500gb HD running Snow leopard and PhotoMechanic 4.6.2

When writing captions spellcheck while typing does not work and it is driving me mad :-D Command-; does work and if I copy and paste a caption it checks it. Even If I leave the caption page and come back it checks the spelling. It just does not check while typing and I do have it checked in the options.

Please help. Thanks!

Drew

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: SpellCheck while typing
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 09:02:54 AM »
Drew,

Macbook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core Duo with 4GB ram and 500gb HD running Snow leopard and PhotoMechanic 4.6.2

When writing captions spellcheck while typing does not work and it is driving me mad :-D Command-; does work and if I copy and paste a caption it checks it. Even If I leave the caption page and come back it checks the spelling. It just does not check while typing and I do have it checked in the options.

It is a bug in Snow Leopard.  I reported it to Apple in September and they haven't fixed it yet.  They know about the problem (my report was marked as a Duplicate) already and hopefully they'll provide a fix at some point.

-Kirk

Offline jah313

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: SpellCheck while typing
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:33:16 AM »
Thanks Kirk!