Author Topic: umlaut problem between 4.5.2 and 4.6.1 Demoversion  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Freddy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
umlaut problem between 4.5.2 and 4.6.1 Demoversion
« on: September 18, 2009, 09:24:24 AM »
Hello Suport Team

I have a little Problem with the Umlaute ÜÄÖ etc.

It worked pretty well the last years  --last week my PhotoAgency told me that all pictures are wrong texted. I tried everthing I read in the Forum.
Today I tried the Demo of the actuall Version ....and it worked right from the start -with my settings from the 4.5.2 Vesion.
So I installed the 4.5.2 Version again .....without any results .......the ÄÜÖ are all wrong.

Why is this happening ?
I have all the Correct settings ...and as  said ...it worked prety well the last years.

Thanks for your help

Freddy Goess
Munich Germany

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: umlaut problem between 4.5.2 and 4.6.1 Demoversion
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 09:30:49 AM »
Freddy,

I have a little Problem with the Umlaute ÜÄÖ etc.

It worked pretty well the last years  --last week my PhotoAgency told me that all pictures are wrong texted. I tried everthing I read in the Forum.
Today I tried the Demo of the actuall Version ....and it worked right from the start -with my settings from the 4.5.2 Vesion.
So I installed the 4.5.2 Version again .....without any results .......the ÄÜÖ are all wrong.

Why is this happening ?
I have all the Correct settings ...and as  said ...it worked prety well the last years.

What character encoding are you using?  What character encoding is your agency using?  They have to match on your system and theirs.  Otherwise if you can use XMP, any characters can be entered since XMP is Unicode encoded.

-Kirk

Offline Freddy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 01:55:59 AM »
Hy Kirk

firs , I´m Sorry for the late reply --haven´t sen you answered and talked mail with Jerry from your support , but with no results.

we both use both microsoft central europe encoding.
they told me they had the Problems also with the old Version, but they worked with PS CS2 and CS2 overwritten the failure and the Umlaute where good afterwards, they changed during summer from CS2 to CS3 and now all photographers with the older PM Versions got this Problems.

installing the New Demo version was a good but temporaly solution.

thanks füo your help

Freddy

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 06:28:56 AM »
Freddy,

firs , I´m Sorry for the late reply --haven´t sen you answered and talked mail with Jerry from your support , but with no results.

we both use both microsoft central europe encoding.
they told me they had the Problems also with the old Version, but they worked with PS CS2 and CS2 overwritten the failure and the Umlaute where good afterwards, they changed during summer from CS2 to CS3 and now all photographers with the older PM Versions got this Problems.

installing the New Demo version was a good but temporaly solution.

thanks füo your help

I'm confused.  Is there still a problem left to solve?

-Kirk