Author Topic: Date and time not recognised in 4.4.3.2  (Read 5219 times)

Offline pickle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Date and time not recognised in 4.4.3.2
« on: August 07, 2006, 07:17:58 AM »
I upgraded to 4.4.3.2 on Friday and then shot 700+ pictures at an event on Sunday. When I ingested the pictures all showed a date of 1/1/80 and a time of 00:00.

Pictures taken on a Canon 10d using RAW. When the raw images were processed on Adobe CS2 the date/time information was correct. Computer Sony Vaio Win XP Pro

When a test memory card of images from Sunday were ingested onto a  desktop which had not been updated from 4.4.3 the date/time information came across correctly.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Date and time not recognised in 4.4.3.2
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 07:22:30 AM »
I upgraded to 4.4.3.2 on Friday and then shot 700+ pictures at an event on Sunday. When I ingested the pictures all showed a date of 1/1/80 and a time of 00:00.

Pictures taken on a Canon 10d using RAW. When the raw images were processed on Adobe CS2 the date/time information was correct. Computer Sony Vaio Win XP Pro

When a test memory card of images from Sunday were ingested onto a  desktop which had not been updated from 4.4.3 the date/time information came across correctly.

Could you upload a sample CRW and THM file for us?  Contact me with a private message by clicking on my name to the left of this message and I'll give you the server upload information.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Date and time not recognised in 4.4.3.2
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 11:48:36 AM »
I looked into this and what is happening is that for CRW and movie files, the capture time isn't being recoded (the capture time is found in the Exif part of the THM file).  Instead, you are seeing the file's creation time (which is what we initialize the capture time to).  A change was made in 4.4.3.2 to fix another issue and this problem was introduced.  I have made the fix and this will be in the next update (4.4.3.3) shortly.

Thanks for pointing this out to us.

--dennis