Author Topic: Pasted font size?  (Read 4671 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
Pasted font size?
« on: November 23, 2009, 09:43:50 AM »
Kirk - In a couple of places - If you paste text - The font size often is difficult to read (too big) BUT this font info is not saved anyway - could it be lost before being pasted?
2 examples
- IPTC caption box
- Create folder in File/Uploaded (Zenfolio & others I think)

In both of these the font styles are dissregarded when done/saved/closed but if you paste a larger font it is difficult to read / edit.

Thanks
Joe
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Pasted font size?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 10:03:39 AM »
Joe,

Kirk - In a couple of places - If you paste text - The font size often is difficult to read (too big) BUT this font info is not saved anyway - could it be lost before being pasted?
2 examples
- IPTC caption box
- Create folder in File/Uploaded (Zenfolio & others I think)

In both of these the font styles are dissregarded when done/saved/closed but if you paste a larger font it is difficult to read / edit.

True, that formatting is lost.  Unfortunately PM is not really 'in the loop' when it comes to controlling what is pasted into the text fields.  The Copy/Cut/Paste functionality is provided by the text controls themselves.  We could turn off the styled text altogether which would solve the problem you're seeing, but it would also have the side effect that spell-checking would no longer work.

Can't you control the size of the text you use in the source document that you're copying from?

-Kirk

Offline Ben Curtis

• View Profile
    • Snappertalk blog
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 12:50:57 PM »
I have the same issue... I paste text from another application containing the story that goes with the photos, and it gets pasted exceedingly large. Usually I just close and re-open the IPTC window (which reformats it to the same size as everything else in the caption field) but it's somewhat annoying. Losing spell-checking would be a shame too though. In the absence of the ideal solution, might it be possible to have a keyboard shortcut that would "refresh" the window and discard the formatting? Regards, Ben

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 08:29:35 AM »
Kirk - MS Word has a paste special - which can drop formatting - is there a way to implement that? I often copy my text from a web page about the event. I'd hate to loose spell check. My splution with the IPTC is to close & re open it but that dosn't work with creating galleries. 
Keep thinking please.
Thanks
Joe

Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 08:50:05 AM »
Joe,

Kirk - MS Word has a paste special - which can drop formatting - is there a way to implement that? I often copy my text from a web page about the event. I'd hate to loose spell check. My splution with the IPTC is to close & re open it but that dosn't work with creating galleries. 
Keep thinking please.

A quick Google search produced this free product that solves this issue for any Windows application (note: I have not tested it myself) :

http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 12:39:43 PM »
Thanks Kirk - I'll give it a try
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC