Author Topic: FTPing from IPTC  (Read 14741 times)

Offline Primoz

• View Profile
    • PhotoSI Sports photo agency
Re: FTPing from IPTC
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 01:59:52 AM »
I know it's an old thread but since it's about FTP, I didn't bother to open new one for this (I hope it's ok for you guys :)).
My wish, of course if it would be possible from you Kirk, is to have ability to somehow "save" top right corner markings on contact sheet, about status of FTP transfer. Now when you close PM, you lose this info, and you don't know which photo you already transferred and which one you didn't. I agree, that normally you don't close PM in between, but let's face it... everything crashes from time to time (luckily PM doesn't do that more then once or twice a year for me), and in those cases it would be great to know which photos went out already, so you don't need to retransmitting whole batch again. Which is pain in the a** when you are on deadline and transmitting over cell phone.
And when we are on this... would there be chance to get also some more info with this "transmit status"? Some photos I need to send to few different places, so it would be great to have info where or how many times photo was transmitted already. I have no idea if it would be possible, but in my mind some small popup when crossing with mouse pointer or clicking on FTP status "icon" in contact sheet would be perfect. This popup would contain just FTP connection settings name of FTP server(s) used for transmit of that photo, and that's all.
I have no idea if anything from these two wishes would be possible to implement, but based on discussion with colleagues, there would be quite many people really grateful for something like this. :)

Offline Didz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: FTPing from IPTC
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 04:20:43 PM »
Bump

just pushing this request back up.

Didz