Author Topic: Keyboard shortcuts  (Read 15353 times)

Offline Lars

• View Profile
    • DESGphoto / elementalSPORTS
Re: Keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 10:26:21 AM »
Lars,

@Kirk: what do you think about to bind the IPTC Info buttons to the menu so that the shortcut can be modified via the system preferences? I would guess that it is an elegant way to modify the shortcuts without having impacts to users that are used to work with the CMD-] shortcut.

Modal dialogs do not have their own menu items.  They will react to common menu items like Cut, Copy, and Paste, but they do not have their own menu items.

Is it difficult to suggest keyboard shortcuts that will work well for you on your keyboard?  That would be the most simple and straightforward way to solve this issue at this time.

-Kirk

Thanks for the info about the modal dialogs. I didn't knew that before. So I have learned something new  ::) I really love this forum!!!

Well, of course it is not difficult to suggest a shortcut. I would like to have CMD-# for Save-next and CMD-Ä for Save-prev (alternatively: CMD-ALT-ARROW). But as you can see, here comes (perhaps) the next problem. I'm using a german keyboard on my MacBook Pro 13". So I don't know how it would work on other keyboards or how the keyboard layout looks like on an english keyboard. Sorry  ???

The most flexible option would be to have an option, so that the user can define it by himself?

Lars

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 10:32:17 AM »
Lars,

@Kirk: what do you think about to bind the IPTC Info buttons to the menu so that the shortcut can be modified via the system preferences? I would guess that it is an elegant way to modify the shortcuts without having impacts to users that are used to work with the CMD-] shortcut.

Modal dialogs do not have their own menu items.  They will react to common menu items like Cut, Copy, and Paste, but they do not have their own menu items.

Is it difficult to suggest keyboard shortcuts that will work well for you on your keyboard?  That would be the most simple and straightforward way to solve this issue at this time.

Thanks for the info about the modal dialogs. I didn't knew that before. So I have learned something new  ::) I really love this forum!!!

Well, of course it is not difficult to suggest a shortcut. I would like to have CMD-# for Save-next and CMD-Ä for Save-prev (alternatively: CMD-ALT-ARROW). But as you can see, here comes (perhaps) the next problem. I'm using a german keyboard on my MacBook Pro 13". So I don't know how it would work on other keyboards or how the keyboard layout looks like on an english keyboard. Sorry  ???

The most flexible option would be to have an option, so that the user can define it by himself?

Yes, I agree, but it isn't something I can work up quickly in an update to PM.  It would require larger application-wide changes that I am not willing to make at this time.

Can you post a screen shot (JPEG, please) of your keyboard?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Lars

• View Profile
    • DESGphoto / elementalSPORTS
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 10:50:52 AM »
Hi Kirk,

sure I can understand that such a change is not done in 5min and takes planning and time. I have attached a photo of my keyboard and hope that you will find a quick and good solution  ::)

best regards,
Lars

[attachment deleted by admin]