Author Topic: Subject field in Windows Live Mail gets scrambled  (Read 4208 times)

Offline karlmz

• View Profile
Subject field in Windows Live Mail gets scrambled
« on: November 29, 2009, 10:26:12 AM »
Hi,

When emailing pictures using Windows Live Mail and typing in the subject field, the cursor sometimes does not move to to the next position, resulting in two letters on top of each other. Please see attached screen capture (see attachment Email_1.jpg), where the subject "Originals" gets scrambled.

Procedure:
- Select pictures in contact sheet
- File>Send photos via email...
- Check "Review email in email application before sending" (attachment Email_2.jpg)
- OK

Please see also attachment Email_3.jpg where the whole alphabet is typed in the subject field.

I use Windows XP Pro SP3, PM 4.6.2.1

Best regards,

Karl

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 10:44:49 AM by karlmz »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Subject field in Windows Live Mail gets scrambled
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 11:35:48 AM »
Karl,

When emailing pictures using Windows Live Mail and typing in the subject field, the cursor sometimes does not move to to the next position, resulting in two letters on top of each other. Please see attached screen capture (see attachment Email_1.jpg), where the subject "Originals" gets scrambled.

Procedure:
- Select pictures in contact sheet
- File>Send photos via email...
- Check "Review email in email application before sending" (attachment Email_2.jpg)
- OK

Please see also attachment Email_3.jpg where the whole alphabet is typed in the subject field.

I use Windows XP Pro SP3, PM 4.6.2.1

Sounds like a problem in an application that we're not responsible for.  I don't see how our process can cause another process to operate incorrectly.  We don't install any global patches or event manipulators of any kind.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 11:39:39 AM »
My guess is that it is the mail application that is not working perfectly.

What is the subject if you actually send the message? Does it also have the garbled name?

Cheers,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline karlmz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 12:09:50 PM »
Kirk, Hayo,

After quitting and restarting Windows Live Mail, all works fine. Sorry to have bothered you.

Cheers,

Karl

Edit: I was too quick. The problem is actually still there. You are probably right, though, that the problem is with Windows Live Mail.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 12:19:04 PM by karlmz »