Author Topic: Three sliders to heaven  (Read 9590 times)

Offline Wolvie

• View Profile
Three sliders to heaven
« on: August 07, 2006, 01:21:48 PM »
My feature request is a box with three sliders.  One for shadow, one mid-tones and one for highlight adjustments.  With tone controls, PM would be the only program I need while transmitting on location.  Without having PhotoShop or some other overhead guzzling image processing progam open on our laptops, I and my staff could be in hog heaven and getting our work done faster than ever.  Surely there are other pj shooters and editorial users who would love to have this feature in PM.

Offline Hydester

• View Profile
    • Hotel Resort Photography
Re: Three sliders to heaven
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 01:47:06 PM »
Actually ....no. I quite like to see the shots exactly as I have taken them. That way I know that I have got the exposure right or wrong !

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 02:40:37 PM »
My feature request is a box with three sliders.  One for shadow, one mid-tones and one for highlight adjustments.  With tone controls, PM would be the only program I need while transmitting on location.  Without having PhotoShop or some other overhead guzzling image processing progam open on our laptops, I and my staff could be in hog heaven and getting our work done faster than ever.  Surely there are other pj shooters and editorial users who would love to have this feature in PM.

Problem is that if you start adding editing features it will become another overhead guzzler....
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 03:03:46 PM »

Problem is that if you start adding editing features it will become another overhead guzzler....

Actually, it wouldn't have to be that way.  We can add optional features such that when you don't use them they would have absolutely no effect on the speed of Photo Mechanic.  We really try hard not to force people to use features that they do not want.

-Kirk

Offline Paul Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 11:38:01 AM »

Actually, it wouldn't have to be that way.  We can add optional features such that when you don't use them they would have absolutely no effect on the speed of Photo Mechanic.  We really try hard not to force people to use features that they do not want.

-Kirk

So, can we expect to see some sort of levels adjustments in Photo Mechanic 4.5?  Please, please, please...!

Cheers,

Paul

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 09:22:52 PM »
Paul,

So, can we expect to see some sort of levels adjustments in Photo Mechanic 4.5?  Please, please, please...!

It is not likely to make its way into version 4.5, sorry.

-Kirk

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 10:01:57 AM »
Paul,

It is not likely to make its way into version 4.5, sorry.

-Kirk

To be able to tweak the histogram like a level if you clicked an adjust button (like the crop button) would be kind of cool...
of course then you would need the option of saving it as a variation so as not to destroy the original or perhaps it would only work on a jpeg which it could extract from the raw but then of course what about color temp and saturation...
It goes on and on.
If anyone can figure it out it will be you guys!
Marc

Marc