Author Topic: Command line options for Photo Mechanic  (Read 4602 times)

Offline Bob M

• View Profile
    • The McElroys of Point Alexander
Command line options for Photo Mechanic
« on: December 13, 2009, 06:38:38 PM »
Does Photo Mechanic have various command line options?  (By experiment, I found that, at the very least, you can specify on the command line which directory is used for the initial contact sheet.)  Are there other command line options and parameters?  If so, is there any puplic documentation?

thanks
Bob M

(Photo Mechanic 6.4.2.2 beta on windows xp sp3)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Command line options for Photo Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 06:52:12 PM »
Bob,

Does Photo Mechanic have various command line options?  (By experiment, I found that, at the very least, you can specify on the command line which directory is used for the initial contact sheet.)  Are there other command line options and parameters?  If so, is there any puplic documentation?

No.  You found the one and only parameter.

-Kirk

Offline sidelinepros

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Sideline Pros
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 02:56:21 PM »
what would be the format to launch PM and open a specific directory via command line?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 03:59:39 PM »
what would be the format to launch PM and open a specific directory via command line?

Supply a path to the app on the command line?  Things have changed a lot in PM5 over PM4.6.x in the intervening years.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Activation_via_Command_Line

-Kirk

Offline sidelinepros

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Sideline Pros
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 05:36:31 PM »
That link is just for activating PM.  I already have it activated.  What I'm working on is a bash script that will create an photo gig directory structure for me and then open PM with a given directory.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 06:28:58 PM »
That link is just for activating PM.  I already have it activated.  What I'm working on is a bash script that will create an photo gig directory structure for me and then open PM with a given directory.

That link documents what command line options Photo Mechanic officially obeys at this time.  There is no command-line option that tells PM to open a specific folder specified as a path.

Given that you're writing a bash script, I'll assume that you're on macOS (the original poster was on Windows).

You should be able to do the following:

open -a "Photo Mechanic 5.app" /Full/Path/To/Your/Directory

HTH,

-Kirk