Author Topic: Burning problems  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Derek Cheng

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Burning problems
« on: December 17, 2009, 06:56:03 PM »
I'm having problems burning backups on my computer. Using nero works fine, so I don't think it is the burner. The burner itself is a Pioneer DVR-212D on a windows 7 PC with PM 4.6.2.1.

The problem occurs near the end of burning on the progress meter. It would never complete. When I cancel it, nothing happens, and I would have to force the program close. Meanwhile, the drive will continue to spin with the light on and continue to do so until I turn my computer off.

Looking back at the disc with nero, it shows the disc is empty, so no data was even written.

I have tried to backup the same data with my macbook pro and it works perfectly. (Also in the mac version, is there a way to disable verifying data. I see this option in the PC.)

The burner is not that old, maybe 2008.

Any help would be great! Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:12:05 PM by Derek Cheng »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Burning problems
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »
Derek,

I'm having problems burning backups on my computer. Using nero works fine, so I don't think it is the burner. The burner itself is a Pioneer DVR-212D on a windows 7 PC with PM 4.6.2.1.

The problem occurs near the end of burning on the progress meter. It would never complete. When I cancel it, nothing happens, and I would have to force the program close. Meanwhile, the drive will continue to spin with the light on and continue to do so until I turn my computer off.

Looking back at the disc with nero, it shows the disc is empty, so no data was even written.

I have tried to backup the same data with my macbook pro and it works perfectly. (Also in the mac version, is there a way to disable verifying data. I see this option in the PC.)

The burner is not that old, maybe 2008.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

I'd suggest calling our support folks at 503-547-2888 during business hours.  They would be much better able to help you troubleshoot this over the phone than I could here via the forums.

-Kirk