Author Topic: No registration/activation code in box  (Read 6009 times)

Offline Dave B

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
No registration/activation code in box
« on: August 08, 2006, 04:54:34 PM »
Hi,

I have bought Photo Mechanic version 4 in the UK from a photo chain called Wildings but unfortently there is no registration or activation code in the box. I went back into the shop and they opened two other boxes in front of me and neither contained a code.

Just wondering what I can do now ?

Thanks,

Dave

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: No registration/activation code in box
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 05:57:44 PM »
Dave,

I have bought Photo Mechanic version 4 in the UK from a photo chain called Wildings but unfortently there is no registration or activation code in the box. I went back into the shop and they opened two other boxes in front of me and neither contained a code.

Those boxes were packaged and distributed by Lexar and they packaged a whole bunch of them with no activation codes.  Previously we told people to return them to the dealer.  Lexar was supposed to get all of the boxes back from their dealers after we ended our distribution deal with them.

I'll find out what the current policy is.  I'm surprised that there are any more of them left in the retail chain since we ended the relationship about a year ago.

I'll get back to you soon.

-Kirk

Offline Dave B

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 02:35:04 PM »

I'll find out what the current policy is.  I'm surprised that there are any more of them left in the retail chain since we ended the relationship about a year ago.

I'll get back to you soon.

Thanks that will be a great help.

Dave

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 12:11:44 AM »

Just wondering what I can do now ?

If there is not any activation certificate in the box then it is not a legitimate copy.  Please take this back to the dealer you bought it from for a refund.  (And please have the dealer contact us.)

As Kirk mentioned, there were a number of boxes produced by Lexar during our distribution agreement that didn't contain the requisite Activation Code certificate.  These boxes should be considered illegitimate and the dealer should accept a refund and contact Lexar.

For now, please contact us for a demo code or to purchase a legitimate license.

Regards,

--dennis