Author Topic: Sound problems in PM  (Read 12865 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sound problems in PM
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2010, 07:47:34 AM »
Tataaaaaaaa, there is NO Sound-Problem  :D

PM has libSDL Path problem with special Characters like Ü,ö,ä - witch  i found with the Sysinternals Process Explorer:

Photo Mechanic.exe ReadFile   C:\Users\Public\Pictures\BG74-Göttingen\D3C_3083.JPG   SUCCESS   Generic Read,
Photo Mechanic.exe ReadFile   C:\Windows\System32\SDL.dll   SUCCESS   Offset: 135.168, Length: 32.768,
Photo Mechanic.exe CreateFile   C:\Users\Public\Pictures\BG74-Göttingen\D3C_3083.WAV   PATH NOT FOUND   Desired Access failed

Please check the libSDL Path Programming, it don't work with national Characters. After renaming the the path sound works  :)

libSDL opens the files and appears to have some Unicode handling (at least in the latest version [I didn't download older code to see if it's been there for a while]) so perhaps updating to the latest libSDL (SDL.dll) will help.  You can get a pre-built library for Windows here:

http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.14-win32.zip

Just replace the current C:\Windows\System32\SDL.dll with the one from the above link (well, I'd move the current one to some place safe in case there are serious issues so you can always move it back.)  (Quit PM first before replacing.)

Let me know if that solves the problem.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 03:02:49 AM »
Kirk,
As for me, I thank you for the explanation. Now I got what you were talking about.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 08:50:56 AM »
Kirk,
Does what you said concerning wav files aply to other sound files as well (e.g. aiff, ALAC, etc.)?
TIA

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 10:00:28 AM »
Luiz,

Does what you said concerning wav files aply to other sound files as well (e.g. aiff, ALAC, etc.)?

No.  PM only plays WAV files.  If any of those other formats existed they would be ignored.

-Kirk

Offline Eagle66

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 09:01:41 AM »

libSDL opens the files and appears to have some Unicode handling (at least in the latest version [I didn't download older code to see if it's been there for a while]) so perhaps updating to the latest libSDL (SDL.dll) will help.  You can get a pre-built library for Windows here:

Just replace the current C:\Windows\System32\SDL.dll with the one from the above link (well, I'd move the current one to some place safe in case there are serious issues so you can always move it back.)  (Quit PM first before replacing.)

Thanks,
-Kirk

Hey,
with this new SDL.dll replace it works also with the special characters, thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 09:18:33 AM »

Thanks,
-Kirk

Hey,
with this new SDL.dll replace it works also with the special characters, thanks!

Great.  I'll make sure the next update includes this newer version of SDL.

-Kirk