Author Topic: Favorites panel - Bug  (Read 2532 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
Favorites panel - Bug
« on: November 17, 2009, 08:47:33 AM »
Kirk - I copied this from a 2006 post -
" I like to keep the Favorites panel stacked under the Navigator panel.  Often when I minimize PM and then restore it, the Favorites panel is now next to the Navigator panel.  I find it very annoying. "

Your answer was you heard of it but could not reproduce it. I CAN.

I'm running 4.6.2 on XP Pro & Vista 64 machines and have this issue constantly - I'm not even sure I need to minimize PM for the 2 windows to switch to side by side columns.
Have you gotten anywhere with this?
Thanks
Joe
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Favorites panel - Bug
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 08:50:00 AM »
Joe,

Kirk - I copied this from a 2006 post -
" I like to keep the Favorites panel stacked under the Navigator panel.  Often when I minimize PM and then restore it, the Favorites panel is now next to the Navigator panel.  I find it very annoying. "

Your answer was you heard of it but could not reproduce it. I CAN.

I'm running 4.6.2 on XP Pro & Vista 64 machines and have this issue constantly - I'm not even sure I need to minimize PM for the 2 windows to switch to side by side columns.
Have you gotten anywhere with this?

No, I am sorry to report that I have not been able to reproduce or fix this issue.

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 07:25:03 AM »
Hi Kirk,

Any more on this issue - Recently when I try to drag the Fav window under the Nav window the screen just FLASHES as thewindow switch bach and forth but theFav won't stay there when I release it it goes back to 2 paralel verticle columnn.
When I am able to get it to stay under on the left - it goes back with out me even minimizing PM just by switching focus to another program.

Thanks
Joe
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 08:04:45 AM »
Joe,

Any more on this issue - Recently when I try to drag the Fav window under the Nav window the screen just FLASHES as thewindow switch bach and forth but theFav won't stay there when I release it it goes back to 2 paralel verticle columnn.
When I am able to get it to stay under on the left - it goes back with out me even minimizing PM just by switching focus to another program.

Try holding down the Shift key while you launch Photo Mechanic.  It should reset the workspace layout to the defaults.

-Kirk