Author Topic: Clearing the IPTC data from a batch of images  (Read 2057 times)

Offline spiky_fly_guy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Clearing the IPTC data from a batch of images
« on: December 17, 2009, 04:38:48 AM »
Hi
I'm a sports photographer in Ireland and use PM in the field for most of my workflow.  I ingest the images as I go (swopping cards regularly as I shoot)
I prepare my IPTC data the night before a game so I don't have to worry about wasting battery and time during the game.
My problem:
At the very last minute I was switched to a different game and forgot to change the IPTC data so on my 1st ingest of the game all my images had the data from the game I was meant to be at on it.. I tried to batch over-write with a new IPTC stationaery pad, but that just added the new data to the existing giving me all the information from both games in the IPTC fields which is obviously not what I wanted.
My question:
Is there any way to batch clear the data from images (or does it have to be done one at a time) or is there anyway to batch over-write
any help would be awesome!!
Thanks
Gareth

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Clearing the IPTC data from a batch of images
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 06:53:52 AM »
Gareth,

I'm a sports photographer in Ireland and use PM in the field for most of my workflow.  I ingest the images as I go (swopping cards regularly as I shoot)
I prepare my IPTC data the night before a game so I don't have to worry about wasting battery and time during the game.
My problem:
At the very last minute I was switched to a different game and forgot to change the IPTC data so on my 1st ingest of the game all my images had the data from the game I was meant to be at on it.. I tried to batch over-write with a new IPTC stationaery pad, but that just added the new data to the existing giving me all the information from both games in the IPTC fields which is obviously not what I wanted.
My question:
Is there any way to batch clear the data from images (or does it have to be done one at a time) or is there anyway to batch over-write

Just make sure that any fields that have a '+' check box next to them have that check box unchecked.  Then the data will be overwritten.  The fields that don't have the '+' check boxes next to them will always be overwritten.

-Kirk