Author Topic: Scrolling Controll?  (Read 11166 times)

Offline JStrait

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Scrolling Controll?
« on: April 24, 2006, 04:11:30 PM »
Trial user - I'm planning on switching from "Nikon View" I love your "soft rotate" option as I need to quickly rotate large jpegs and this speeds things up for me.

I'm wondering if there is any way of altering how many lines move when scrolling in contact sheet mode and preview mode. It seems that it jumps an entire page of images for every click of my mouse's scrolling wheel. All other apps scroll normally - as set in my systems preferences.

Thanks for your help.

Also when I buy the current version will I be able to get updates for any period of time? I'm particularly interested in getting the "delete, return" fix mentioned in the other post.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Scrolling Controll?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 04:27:27 PM »
Trial user - I'm planning on switching from "Nikon View" I love your "soft rotate" option as I need to quickly rotate large jpegs and this speeds things up for me.

I'm wondering if there is any way of altering how many lines move when scrolling in contact sheet mode and preview mode. It seems that it jumps an entire page of images for every click of my mouse's scrolling wheel. All other apps scroll normally - as set in my systems preferences.

I just scroll one row for each whole scroll wheel value I get from the OS.  Do you have your scroll wheel acceleration cranked up?

Also when I buy the current version will I be able to get updates for any period of time? I'm particularly interested in getting the "delete, return" fix mentioned in the other post.

You get free updates for one year.

-Kirk

Offline JStrait

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Scrolling Controll?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 10:41:34 PM »
Great on the updates, I'll be settling payment shortly.

The thing with the scrolling is that all of my other apps scroll incredibly slow (scrolling wheel becomes useless when set to "one line.") Perhaps because I'm working with a larger monitor? So yes, I do have my scrolling control amped up.

When I adjust the mouse's settings to small="one line" PM works fine, scrolling only one line of images per click. Any other setting though and it scrolls three or six lines of images per click - way too much, especially if I've got the thumbnails fairly large.

Maybe on a future version you could either make a preference setting to control this or just reduce the movement to some degree, perhaps "1/3 line for smallest setting, 1 line for medium, 3 lines for large"?  Just a thought.

If anyone else has a solution I'd love to hear it (apart from resetting my scrolling wheel every time I use PM.)

Thanks for your help.  J ;)