Author Topic: How to show stars and colors under each thumb in filmstrip?  (Read 2594 times)

Offline SzurszewskiJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Joe Szurszewski Photography
How to show stars and colors under each thumb in filmstrip?
« on: January 05, 2010, 05:28:32 PM »
This has got to be obvious, but I can't find it.  Page 31 of the User Guide for version 4.6.2 shows the filmstrip panel with Star Ratings and Color Classes underneath each thumbnail.  I do not see this in my copy of 4.6.2.1 running under Mac 10.5.8.  This behavior would be very helpful, but I can't figure out how to turn it on.  Help?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to show stars and colors under each thumb in filmstrip?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 08:26:12 PM »
This has got to be obvious, but I can't find it.  Page 31 of the User Guide for version 4.6.2 shows the filmstrip panel with Star Ratings and Color Classes underneath each thumbnail.  I do not see this in my copy of 4.6.2.1 running under Mac 10.5.8.  This behavior would be very helpful, but I can't figure out how to turn it on.  Help?

Can you see the thumbnails at all?  If not, (or if they're partially hidden) drag the horizontal splitter bar separating the thumbnails below from the previews above.  Then you should see the UI elements you're missing.

-Kirk

Offline SzurszewskiJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 08:28:23 PM »
Yep, I can see the thumbnails just fine, and I can also see the filenames for each thumbnail.  I've tried playing with the splitter, but I still don't see the stars or the color classes under the thumbnails.

Offline SzurszewskiJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 08:35:30 PM »
OK, after a fair bit of fiddling around, I discovered that the stars and color classes do NOT appear under the filmstrip thumbnails unless the 'Show soft rotation indicator' preference is checked.  Uncheck it, and you lose the stars and color classes.  Not sure if this a bug, a mislabeled preference, or something else.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 11:03:18 PM »
OK, after a fair bit of fiddling around, I discovered that the stars and color classes do NOT appear under the filmstrip thumbnails unless the 'Show soft rotation indicator' preference is checked.  Uncheck it, and you lose the stars and color classes.  Not sure if this a bug, a mislabeled preference, or something else.

No, you're right.  It does indeed cause them to be hidden.  Not a bug, but an old preference that could be updated so that it is more easily understood.

-Kirk