Author Topic: Going to two monitors causes email to fail?  (Read 5537 times)

Offline zcohen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Going to two monitors causes email to fail?
« on: January 01, 2010, 12:55:06 PM »
I'm running version 4.5.4 on Windows XP, using Outlook Express as my email program.

A few days ago my IT guy swapped out my single monitor for a dual setup. Since then I cannot email photos from Photo Mechanic. Unfortunately, he left before I discovered the problem.

It used to work just fine. I don't think the IT guy changed any settings related to this feature. I've gone through a search of this issue in the archives here and don't find anything that corresponds to this problem.

Could any of you offer any help? Sending photos from the program is so efficient - I want it back!

Zolton

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Going to two monitors causes email to fail?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 01:10:29 PM »
I'm running version 4.5.4 on Windows XP, using Outlook Express as my email program.

A few days ago my IT guy swapped out my single monitor for a dual setup. Since then I cannot email photos from Photo Mechanic. Unfortunately, he left before I discovered the problem.

It used to work just fine. I don't think the IT guy changed any settings related to this feature. I've gone through a search of this issue in the archives here and don't find anything that corresponds to this problem.

Could any of you offer any help? Sending photos from the program is so efficient - I want it back!

Are you getting any error messages?  Please post the contents of the error messages.

-Kirk

Offline zcohen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 03:54:03 PM »
Nope,
No error messages whatsoever. There's a very quick box that pops up and then disappears. It's like the program is loading the images, and then it runs into something and quits..

Zolton

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 07:06:35 PM »
No error messages whatsoever. There's a very quick box that pops up and then disappears. It's like the program is loading the images, and then it runs into something and quits..

Do you mean a progress dialog?

-Kirk

Offline zcohen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 06:49:23 AM »
Kirk,

Yes, a progress dialogue box. Sorry I wasn't more specific. I didn't know what to call it..

Zolton

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 08:32:16 AM »
Yes, a progress dialogue box. Sorry I wasn't more specific. I didn't know what to call it..

OK, with these type of issues we find it best to support you over the telephone.  Please call our customer service folks at 503-547-2888 on Monday the 4th.

-Kirk

Offline zcohen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 11:22:20 AM »
Kirk,

Thanks. I will call on Monday - if my IT guy can't dope it out by then. He's a very smart fellow too..

Zolton