Author Topic: Still can't send photo e-mails with Windows 7  (Read 7467 times)

Offline InsightOne

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Still can't send photo e-mails with Windows 7
« on: January 05, 2010, 02:31:44 PM »
When I try to send photos via e-mails with Windows 7, I get the following error message: 

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:   size
      Sent:   1/5/2010 5:19 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'vw@winchellphoto.com' on 1/5/2010 5:19 PM
            None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.

I have used this function in PM a lot in earlier Windows versions.  Can someone help me solve this problem?

Vaughn

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Still can't send photo e-mails with Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 04:02:21 PM »
Vaughn,

When I try to send photos via e-mails with Windows 7, I get the following error message: 

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:   size
      Sent:   1/5/2010 5:19 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'vw@winchellphoto.com' on 1/5/2010 5:19 PM
            None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.

I have used this function in PM a lot in earlier Windows versions.  Can someone help me solve this problem?

I'll try, but that message isn't coming from Photo Mechanic.  What happens if you try to create and send a message entirely within your email client (leaving PM out of the equation for now)?

-Kirk

Offline InsightOne

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 05:16:56 AM »
I send message all the time.  No problem.  It's only with PM.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 06:59:18 AM »
Vaughn,

I send message all the time.  No problem.  It's only with PM.

Do you set PM to preview the message in your email client before the message is sent?  How does the message look before you try to send it?  What email account is the message being sent from?

-Kirk

Offline InsightOne

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 08:32:36 AM »
I do set the message to be previewed and it looks fine.  No sign of any problems.  I use Firefox for e-mails.  The first indication of a problem is when I get the administrator problem that the message is not delivered (see above).  And, BTW, I do send photos as attachments from Firefox all the time with no problems.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 09:04:40 AM »
I do set the message to be previewed and it looks fine.  No sign of any problems.  I use Firefox for e-mails.  The first indication of a problem is when I get the administrator problem that the message is not delivered (see above).  And, BTW, I do send photos as attachments from Firefox all the time with no problems.

Once the email is created via PM's use of the Microsoft-supplied 'MAPI' module in order to communicate with your email client, PM is no longer involved in the emailing process.  Perhaps your IT guy can look at the email headers to see what is going on?  Otherwise, I think is a problem in how your email client works when directed to do operations via MAPI.  Also, are you sure you're using Firefox for email and not Thunderbird instead?

-Kirk

Offline InsightOne

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 12:19:43 PM »
I don't have an IT guy.  My apologies.  I use Outlook 2007 to send e-mails.  I did not have this problem before I installed Windows 7.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 01:17:38 PM »
Vaughn,

I don't have an IT guy.  My apologies.  I use Outlook 2007 to send e-mails.  I did not have this problem before I installed Windows 7.

Please contact our technical support folks at 503-547-2888 and they'll try and troubleshoot the problem with you directly.

-Kirk

Offline jeppo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 02:36:01 AM »
Have same problem here! Did you find any solution?

Offline jonathanpow

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 04:28:53 PM »
I've been having exactly the same problem when sending with Office 2007 under Windows 7 using Photo Mechanic.

However, I think I have cracked it... though am not sure how or if I can instruct Photo Mechanic to get round the problem, but am fairly sure it is bug of some description.

Unfortunately the only way round it at the moment (that I can find) is to tick the "Review email in email application before sending" box and do the following manually:

When the email pops up with image attached double click any email address filled in the "To...", "Cc..." and "Bcc..." boxes respectively, a box will appear with the title "Email properties". On the right of the "Email type" bit, select "Internet Type". You will see the box to the left greyed out with SMTP filled in.

Then just send as usually. Unfortunately the above needs to be done for every email you are sending with Photo Mechanic.

Oddly enough when sending with Photo Mechanic the "Email type" box has the email address I'm sending to in it eg. "Email type: EMAIL@EMAIL.COM".

If the guys at Photo Mechanic could look into this it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe we've all got our settings wrong somewhere. However, my laptop is a relatively fresh install and is up to date, and I have tinkered only minimally with Outlook and not enough to knowingly upset and settings.