Author Topic: Ingest veriables for file type/prefix  (Read 6958 times)

Offline dvint

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest veriables for file type/prefix
« on: January 08, 2010, 11:04:31 AM »
I'm just testing the software today and was working with the variables. I have used the following string to rename the files: img_{dats}-{tims}.{type}

1) The {type} is upper casing the original suffix value (or maybe recreating its own) is there a way to get a lower case value?

2) Ignoring item 1 the JPEG files produce what I expect (img_20091206-171635A.JPEG), but the Canon CR2 files have extra stuff (img_20091206-171704.CCR2.CR2). What is generating the CCR2 in the filename?

..dan

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Ingest veriables for file type/prefix
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 03:48:45 AM »
Dan,

{type} is not the original filename suffix (which is included automaticaly), it is just a file type indicator.
If you want your suffixes to be lowercase, you can specify this in the preferences. This is how I've got it set too by the way; like it better that way.

Hope his helps,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 03:51:36 AM »
By the way, I think you mean Photomechanic and not quantum mechanic so this post should actually be in the other forum...

Cheers,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline dvint

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 07:01:23 AM »
Thanks I'll move this to the other group - didn't realise there was more than one product. On the type thing, so if I didn't put the {type} on the end it would have done this automatically? Why didn't I get the suffix twice?

..dan